Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't figure out what's causing this!

Hi all,

I've got two plants in week 5 of the flowering stage, and only ONE of them is showing symptoms, none of which look quite exactly like the pictures in the "diagnose your plant" pages. Here are a couple of pictures; for reference, these are the "tops" of a couple of the colas - I thought about nutrient/light burn, but this plant is actually farther away from the light than the other one, some of whose colas are TOUCHING the light box unless I bend them down, and I'm watering both plants from the same bucket, pH 5.5-6.2 or so, and the second plant isn't showing ANY leaf discoloration - any thoughts? (I use the GH Trio plus FloraBlend, Floralicious Plus, CaliMagic, and Liquid KoolBloom) I've pulled off a few leaves as they've gotten discolored, but the problem seems to be spreading to new leaves...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180628_114308.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	220718Click image for larger version

Name:	20180628_114251.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	220719
    Attached Files

Oh, totally spaced on that part - it's not hydro; I'm growing in coco.... here's the chart I've been using - it just seems weird this would happen to only one plant and not the other!

General Hydroponics Nutrient Feeding Schedule
    WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
    (4/15) Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH-Flora Grow, Micro & Bloom
    (4/22) Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Flora Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend
    (4/29) Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend
    (5/6) Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend
    (5/13) Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6ml Micro+10ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend, 2.5ml Liquid KoolBloom
    (5/20) Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Micro + 12ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend, 2.5ml Liquid KoolBloom
    (6/3) Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend, 5ml Liquid KoolBloom
    (6/10) Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend, 5ml Liquid KoolBloom
    (6/17) Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 10ml FloraBlend, 10ml Liquid KoolBloom
    (6/24) Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom, 1ml Floralicious Plus, 5ml FloraBlend, 10ml Liquid KoolBloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
    Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Comment

I got the schedule somewhere on this site, and the figures are per gallon - not sure why Micro is LISTED second, but I do always add it first. I did read your coco guide, did the pre-soak in Cali-Magic, and yes, I use it at 5ml/gal with every feeding....on this grow, I switched to no plain water per your guide, so it's nutes every time.

Comment

Nope, sure don't - should I get some?

Comment

I'm (trying to) read Part 3 of your coco tutorial, but to be honest, it all feels a little bit over my head - when I first started growing, I was just following step-by-step instructions, and in 2+ years, I've never had this happen before! (and no, I haven't ever measured EC; your post was the first I'd ever heard of it!) The "new" features in this grow were switching from 2x 300w LEDs to 1x 400w MH/HPS light and from alternating nuted and plain water to just nuted water; I've been using this same nutrient schedule all along and never had this happen, and it's only happening on one plant, even though they're both planted in the same coco and watered with the same water. I'm looking around the site, and I totally can't find the schedule I'm using; maybe I got it from some other Google search - would you be able to point me to a better one than my current one? And regarding FloraKleen, if I get it, what do I DO with it/is this fixable this late in the flowering stage?

Comment

Okay, Florakleen is on the way! I didn't scroll down far enough before; I found your nute schedule; thanks! Here's a thought: I wonder if I haven't been giving the plants enough water at each watering (i.e., it's not "running off" because I'm only giving them a liter or two at a time (2x/day), and the salts and stuff are building up in the coco...? Going to try to flush when the Florakleen gets here on Saturday and then pick up at the "late bloom" section of your schedule. I don't see Floralicious Plus or FloraBlend on your schedule; are you familiar with these/what do you recommend for dosages?

Comment

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              I added 1ml to 1gallon of to water and was surprised to see a ppm of only 23 . This really blew my mind . I’m going to have to check meter and check again but my meter is normally pretty good so I’m going to say this is on point . Not what I expected tbh and I feel like a fool now .

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Was that with water only? That doesn't seem right but I believe you. Still have to see for myself I usually add it last since it turns the color of the water so much.

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m going to make a new reply so I can post pics below

:-D YES - sorry, forgot to add that! Your schedule is super-helpful; now I know what EC to aim for, I think - I was just getting confused by all the conceptual info (not that it isn't useful; I was just expecting A NUMBER) *before* you talked about targets...I think I'll be okay now!

Comment

Ok so this was the results of my floralicious plus in RO water with no other additives or nutes .

I would like like to add :

i dont use it al 1ml /per gallon
              I dose at 1/3 ml /per gallon

this is only a 30ml bottle and I have used it through the whole grow so far on all 3 plants . I still have about 1/3 of this bottle left .

I did notice today that it can be used as a folier spray and I may start adding it to my current folier spray which is 1ml armor si and 1ml diamond nectar /per liter of water .

This product promotes root and leaf growth plus a bunch of other stuff.
              Last edited by DankwingDuck; 06-29-2018, 08:59 PM.
              DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                I can do the same for the nectar but I’ll have to wait for tomorrow as I used all my ro water doing the res change .

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                DankwingDuck be careful using it as a foliar spray. I had it burn my plant following bottle instructions. I think my light helped it along though.

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Will keep that in mind . Ty

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X