found seeds in my plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found seeds in my plant

have two plants growing nicely, i have been monitoring them daily. Last night went to check plants, noticed one had a few seeds , They both have been in flowering stage for 4 weeks. i separated them in case of pollination.i was able to get rid of what i saw. will this effect the potency or outcome of the plant??

It should not affect the quality of your smoke. Downside is you'll have to clean a few seeds out, upside is if it's bomb assed weed you get lots of free seeds. Yay!

Comment

cool, thanks, was about 15-20 i pulled out already. should i leave them or take them out?

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Leave them and allow them to mature, then You can have Your own 'seed bank'. If there were no male plants around to cause the seeds (self pollination or hermied) then the seeds should produce female plants.

no males around , so i will leave them, thanks man!!!

Comment

Ok here is the issues I have with this

A : cannabis seed production can not take place without pollen . If there is no male that means you likely have a herm . Which IMO makes those seeds useless . Unless you plan to grow another herm. Or you plan to pollenate another female with the herm pollen to produce feminized seeds . But the actual seeds of the herm are useless because they will only make more herms .

B: no disrespect to anyone else’s reply . But when your plant grows seeds it puts its energy into doing just that . Which will hinder the quality of your bud . If seed production had no effect on quality then we wouldn’t put so much effort into making sure our girl didn’t get pollinated . We would let them get pollinated and take our free seeds with our dank bud . But this is t the case . Seed production has a direct effect on potency . Not to say this bud isn’t smokeable . But it will effect potency and that isn’t a debatable subject . The Science backs it up .
        DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

sounds good to me. thats why i asked....

Comment

only have two plants in grow room. the other is fine. i did remove one, so we will see..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X