Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does it mean when a strain says 56 days to grow? thought it was up to the grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does it mean when a strain says 56 days to grow? thought it was up to the grower

i thoguth it was up to the grower, for photos you wait til you wanna flower and you give it 12/12 and autos.. well thats different.. so does it mean 56 days minimal to get good flower on that strain or how does that work? do most strains take 7-9 weeks?

Most photoperiod plants take 8 - 12 weeks for flowering.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

when you buy seeds and it says "how many days til harvest" does that mean the thats the minimum amount of days you should grow it before trying to harvest it? is it a recommendation? cause i thought people just started flowering when they wanted to..

Comment

56 days would be from when they start flowering to harvest.and nothing to do with veg time. Only an approximate time line as everyone has a different setup and intended only as a guide.

Comment

• Buzzer777
          Buzzer777 commented
          Editing a comment
          And usually under OPTIMAL conditions!

I agree with growmore above. Most likely they're talking about how many days in flower. It's a bit weird that it says "56 days to grow". Most seed banks I've browsed usually just say something like Flowering Time: 8-10 weeks, or 6-8 weeks, etc. It usually depends on the strain you're growing. I'd go with what they recommend for that strain and use the 8 weeks flower as a minimum, then you start checking the trichomes after that, etc.

EDIT: I hadn't noticed Campesino's post til after I replied. So, basically what he said lol.
        Last edited by Cannabliss; 06-27-2018, 11:15 PM.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

yeah i meant to say flowering time 8-10 weeks type of thing got it mixed up but yeah i was asking if thats just a recommendation and i never noticed it meant flowering time as in flowering stage i always took it as entire growth lolgood thing i asked..

"Dark Ghost Train is a reasonably fast-flowering cannabis strain that can be ready in just 56 days of flowering although some plants may need as much as another ten days to be ready to harvest." i was thinking we were gonna knock this out in 2 months lol now i understand.. you are in control of when you want it to flower but the flowering time will be around 56 days..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X