Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Hydroponics feeding schedule question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Hydroponics feeding schedule question.

Hi, all. I'm switching from FF nutrient trio over to GH Flora trio. I'm not sure I have downloaded the correct schedule for the soil/perlite mix I'll be growing in. I downloaded the feedchart labeled FloraSeries Drain-to-Waste. Is that the chart I should go by for growing in soil w/ about 30% perlite mixed in?
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Drain to waste refers to something like coco where you water till run off and that is waste vs something like a recirculating dwc where the nutria water is recirculated and reused .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      It is possible soil is considered drain to waste but I am not sure

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've been reading, I believe you're correct, Mr. Duck. lol

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking out loud more then anything . XD

This is the feeding chart I use for my hydro set up . I know the ppm needs to be lower for soil . But this is a good starting point . I wouldn’t go up 900ppm keep it closer to 1/2 that and if your not using all the additive ( which I am ) then just adjust you finall ppm to reflex the ppm range you want . This chart says 700-900 ppm in full veg , but I think it comes out closer to the 1000 range . For soil I would cut this chart specs in 1/2 and aim closer to the 350-450 range in full veg and go from there . The ratio stays the same no matter what your growing in only thing you need to adjust for is ppm and if you used another nute before I would base your ppm off that using the ratio on the gh bottle .

With out looking I think it’s 1/1/1 for early veg 3/2/1 in full veg 1/1/1 for transition to bloom and 1/2/3 for full bloom ( gro/micro/bloom ) is the bottle dosage this chart is slightly different from that but it accounts for the additives so ratios change when your not using just the base nutes .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought soil was drain to waste it made since but I didn’t wanna say something I didn’t know to be 100% true

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually posted the drain to waste chart when I meant to post my dwc chart . See even when I mess up I’m still on point ...

I have also done the same nute switch you're trying, cut it by half and go every other watering. I just harvested some bubblicious autos that turned out great using GH Trio in FF Ocean Forest /perlite mix.

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, I wanna grow some of that bubblicious! Does it actually taste sweet?

Are you talking about me who is planning to grow in soil mixed w/ some perlite, Motoman? If so, do you start using nutes half strength on seedlings, or do you let your plant get bigger, 1st, on just water?

You shouldn’t have to add nutes to soil for the first 3-4 weeks . If you do you will likely burn up the plant . Especially is a soil like ffof. Now if you were using a soil that was low quality maybe start feeding before then but it should never get nutes right away .

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I use viragro for my vegetables it works good but the stuff I use has time release nutes in it .

I agree with camp that a solo cup shouldn’t hurt in the long run . But if it was me I would try to remove as much as possible at transplant without damaging the root zone.

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      The Viragro soil I have for up-potting has no added nutrients. I checked.

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, sir, I'll be doing that with my newly acquired GH Flora trio. ;-)

Thanks, Mr Duck.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Please see my @Camp post, above.

This is the 1st plant I grew, ever, with that time-release soil. I think it's from a Trainwreck seed. Pretty lame looking. ha ha
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm picking up on how the plants of my current grow, grow. I'm getting some nicely defined colas from Wendy.

Just took these pics. Look! 3 hours ago, that little seedling wasn't poking through the soil. So cool. There's a pic of the perlite I bought. I hope I did good. I thought the soil i bought was the same brand as my perlite. It looks like it's good soil for my seedlings, I hope. lol
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, I love the camera in this phone!

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      That soil shouldn’t be a problem . Be careful not to give to much nutes as that soil will have nutes in it already and if you transplant multiple times you will be adding nutes to the pot with the soil every time .

The bubblicious I grew was from nirvana, yes it is sweet smelling bud. High cbd level also.

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Moto, that's where my seeds came from.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X