anyone here vermicomposting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone here vermicomposting?

just wondering if anyone here gotta worm farm and what worms are you raising and what type/kind of bin you got and how you harvest your castings?
    for me i just got mine i filled up a bin with dried bamboo leaves instead of newspaper i ripped up a little bit of cardbard and paper to though i was scared to get it to hot so i slowly added more and more banana peels and over riped pineapple i made fpj with gave the left over from when i filtered it out.. i made a mix of 10 to 1 used tea to coffee grounds mixed with mashed pineapple and cut up banana peels for carbon i used mostly bamboo leaves and tree leaves some little grass and food for the nitrogen so cow manure compost and worm casting for the soil part and the cow manure compost had sand in it that and coffee can be used to help the worms digestion its there grit i put some d earth sprinkled on top but it kinda is mixed in now but with that and bamboo it should be high in silica pretty much everything good for cannabis ima feed it to my worms to get it broke down and plant ready and everything that goes through a worm comes out multiple times better! i ordered 2000 they all can fit in one bin but im planning on taking some out to start another bin i want one that can keep flies and stuff out of the castings and ima let one have black soldier flies, rollie pollies , and whatever the fuck stay instead of fighting it as long as they dont harm the worms cause they do help compost and break stuff down.. itll be a test run if anything i dont like happens ill take all the worms i can out and put the rest in my pots and gardens

You don't think diatomaceous earth will hurt the worms?
    Did you build your bin or buy one?
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

its a rubber maid bucket right now but ima put holes and window screen around the holes and some kind of smaller bucket for it to sit in to collect leacheat and add things like you have for the water hose to attatch to i have a plastic one and itll work im guessing and thatll be my bucket.. any thing wrong here?

Comment

no d earth wont hurt the worms and its a very little bit i checked google people been putting it in there binsits good silica and pest repellent

Comment

i dont think worms go under the insect category

Comment

I'm just starting to read up on the subject. I think its only logical to raise worms for castings. I use castings for everything.
            "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

yeah its so simple and its like gold if you are growing anything and i just try to improve my casting y what i give the worms to break down like i want silica in my grows so i add silica i have raw silica now its also a great way to make bio char toss some into the worm bin or use the castings to mix with charred hardwood / bamboo i use bamboo cause its easy for me and full of silica and i feed my chickens some every once ina while and plan on releasing some into spots i will gardening in they suppose to double every month i got 2000 so if it really does ill have to much for me to wanna do some maths lol but yeah vermicompost tea is good shit oh yeah ima give them some seaweed and weeds that are full of growth hormones and and minerals ima spoil these worms like a pet!

Comment

i get used coffee and tea everyday from a coffee shop nearby and i used to just compost it regulary but now i know tea is ph 6.35 and thats perfect for worms and cannabis so my mixture makes up of mostly bamboo leaves and used tea bags ill try to remember to take a pic next time i walk outside but its prety fine material i bet i could use used tea like coco coir if i rinse it out good enough it reminds me of that and peat but better if anything it might need some perlite or something i might give it a try with a clone just to see cause i wanna try dwc! For Science Bitch! but yeah went a little off topic there, worms love used tea they love coffee grounds for its grit too but you gotta watch it cause it is under 6 ph i think 5.6 - 5.8 i mix it 10 tea to 1 coffee when i mix them in we eat alot of bananas here so alot of peels and little bit of the banana it self goes in and and other fruit / veggies egg shells i throw in some rillo guts too.. not a shit load cause im sure it does have chemicals but i doubt it does as much as cigarettes and its a way to reuse the guts i toss out so much of it! we got chickens here to i use there shit for a tea too its good for vegging! lol im so add/adhd i almost forgot what i was trying to say next but i use some grass and weeds too for the nitrogen and fruits have plenty minerals and pk especially cucumbers and banana peels! coffee and tea has a low npk but its there

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X