my first grow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first grow..

bucket 1 China Yunnan bucket 2 Skunk Widow Blueberry bucket 3 random bag seed not from dispensary bucket 4 is OG Kush all these plants had a bad start with over watering and ph issues so they were stunted and had barely any roots after transplant and trying to adjust the ph some but still with ph pen mine broke waiting on a new one.. heres some pics from..about a week ago i can get exact dates later it was on another post.. anyways here are the old pics and ill take some new ones ina sec to update this isnt anything special just a noobie learning from mistakes... pic one and two the left is swb and right is china yunnan in the 3rd pic is og kush they are about the same age china being one week young than them all but right now is doing the best cause it wasnt neglected as long.. they are now transplanted and labeled 1,2,3,4 you will see in the next update tonight..

its nothing like seeing a plant bounce back and start looking great makes me heart happy lol so these are my 4 last plants i got out of 48 freaking seeds!!! i think the ph and slight overwatering was hard on them as seedlings they were stunted im guessing from lockout and lack of oxygen well the ones that survived looks like they will make it..

Comment

i plan on taking clones to feminize for seeds so ill always have some beans of my first grow! and im loving these 2 strains so far but its not like i have much to compare to lol

Comment

i have a bucket 4 which is og kush but its tiny compared to these i took the pics after bringing them in from outside 1 china yunnan 2 skunk widow berry 3 random dirt weed ima tie down the bud sites and try to train number 3 in 3 inches it got 8 node sites.. my china is strecthier compared to the swb and in the pic from earlier with the two plants in front of the black fan the yellowish one was the china and the one one the left was swb

Comment

omg im so burnt i swear the first 2 pics are two nights ago i think i was gonna post them and forgot and the 1 with them 3 from top and one from front angle and has that cheap wood background are from today together are from today after i brought them in and gave em a foliar feed.. i was gonna take pics of them one by one and some how forgot too.. lol

Comment

today i gave them first feeding of the GO BOX and im aerating some recharge now.. they looking good.. gonna take a fwe pics now and a few more in 2-3 days to see how much it grows i know itll have a boost of growth i also got a new ph pen today and i knew my water was super low my water from sink is 4.5 no wonder i was getting lock outs and overwatering at the beginning as well but now that i got that corrected im sure my babies will do good

Comment

• fwril
              fwril commented
              Editing a comment
              I recommend going 1/4 strength with the go box mix to start. I went full dosage and got some nutrient burn

they got 75% str i already fed it to them how often are yall feeding... i gotta get smart pots for when i plan to transplant idk why but my pots now seem to stay moist so long dont really need to be watered so i just foliar feed it sometimes.. i tried feed feed water but i gotta at the minimum go one day on one day off to give time to air out..wal mart bags are 1.50 ea i wana give em a try i seen other using it just fine

Comment

• fwril
              fwril commented
              Editing a comment
              I am watering every 3 days feeding every other watering. So every 6 days is a feed. It may also be my plants are just really touchy to nutrients too. I'm not really sure. First grow so learning as I go.

I make my own smart pots out of landscape fabric. Sometimes with super glue and sometimes with stitches. I also make grow boxes which are just square frames without bottoms and sides and I use landscape fabric to cover. They work fantastic. This box is 12x12 and 18 inches deep. I have roots all the way out the bottom.

Comment

• freddyyola
              freddyyola commented
              Editing a comment
              i had a bunch of that stuff laying around idk where it is now but i still have a roll of window screen type of material im thinking it should work fine.. ima use a five gallon bucket to cut out and make a net pot and line it with this screening sheet i think itll work just fine.. idk i might just get some smart pots i rather get the walmart bags they are 7 gallon bags for 1.50 each

wheel barrel full of coffee and tea left over from the coffee shop around the corner this is about a weeks worth.. in the bag is what i get in a day's pick up i walk in grab it walk out they know me by now.. the coffee grounds and filters are just thrown in but the tea bags are in big pouches not ripped yet i busted one open so yall could see what it looks like.. if you were worried about ph you could leave it out in the rain or soak it and let it dry but if you gonna compost it or give it to worms its good just luike that i found out worms love both tea and coffee and the ph of tea is 6.4 ish and coffee is right under 6 so i like to mix it 10 to 2 to give to my worms and for my compost pile i just dump it all in and mix with bamboo leaves for my carbon in both my compost and worm bin i think bamboo leaves with silica for a bedding is way better than cardboard and paper..i shoulda took a pic of one of my piles but damn skeeters are out!

update.. my plants got a bunch of tips burns idk if its from the heat burn or nutes maybe a combination of both.. gonna take pics here ina sec to update.. i gave em, some recharge and since the heat has died down i left 1,2,3 outside and 4 is just to sickling to handle it.. i really hope to nurse 4 back to health to at least get a clone off it since its the only og kush i have and i dont wanna buy a pack of it..

Comment

gotta use up the coffee and tea i get free, i like to mix it with old bamboo leaves/litter, charcoal that i make out of more bamboo and some other woods, this is pretty much the base to my compost and worm bedding anything that dont go in my worm bin goes to the compost piles i have a few different mixes to see what will make the best compost also i got a pile im making just for growing some bud with eventually. im trying to make my yard a food forest so i can use all the compost i can make im just starting to do all this since a month ago just got my worms a few days ago though..im thinking of making a composting/vermicomposting post/thread.

well heres bucket 1 and 2 from being in the sun today and after a feeding from last night i really think it was heat or the combo of both.

Comment

eventually ima start no tilling my entire yard but idk if ima be able to sneak to many plants out there but itd be nice to grow a monster!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X