No announcement yet.

Grow Journal 1st grow Autos by Greenpassion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You posted your journal on the sick plants forum... Maybe SiriusFourside or NebulaHaze can move it for you. Not sure if that was intentional. But don't stress out there are plenty of people here to help you on your way. Those that sub to your journal can see when you post. There is a setting that subs to wherever you comment. A lot of these peeps know their ganja. All I do is read read read... There's a lot of helpful info and peeps to get you to harvest... And I always learn something new everytime I log on. 😃 good luck and happy growing.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Where is it supposed to be posted? I didn't even know how to do a journals. I don't have sick plants - yet! Thank you for telling me Chefbjy
      The earth does not belong to us.
      We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
      Photos in Coast of Maine
      Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
      PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
      3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
      Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
      12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
      (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
      House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
      9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

It should be under the ask questions or start a new discussion. But it's here now lol.

Comment

Here are some pics of two seedlings in 3 gallon pots. Kind soil and Pro mix. This is OG Kush and a northern light I believe unless I've gotten them mixed up! The second picture is a picture of the remaining ceilings and the rapid Rooter plugs. I did not have enough kind soil to do any more than 2/3 gallon cloth pots. So today I'm going to put these guys temporarily in Solo cups with what kind soil I have left, and the Pro mix. I didn't intend to have it broken up this way but it seems the shipping is taking longer than I expected for the kind soil. This tablet takes horrible photos. I think in the future I'll use my phone.
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

I finished setting up my grow room today! All the lights are each on their own individual pulley, and all the power strips and wiring is secured in a rack above so there is nothing on the floor or in the way. I exhaust system is set up and ready to go with a customized venting out the window that also allows for fresh air. This isn't a small bedroom upstairs, that has a dormer and in that Dormer space is where I will be starting seeds using CFLs. Lesson learned on that one! I have an air conditioner in a window in another room with fans pulling the cool air into the grow room. I didn't have enough kind soil to put the other 5 seedlings into 3 gallon grow bags, so I put them into promix in Solo cups for now. Hopefully Monday when the rest of the kind soil comes I will be able to have them all in the 3 gallon grow bags. This is my very first grow so please let me know what you guys think. And I apologize for getting so freaked out so often. Perhaps it's because I always expect something to go wrong...
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Campesino , thank you so much for your help today and your patience especially! What do you think of my room? And another question of course. If the rest of my kind soil comes on Monday would it hurt them to transplant them into the 3 gallon pots then, with the Pro mix or should I wait for several days? I am not nervous about transplanting I've been dealing with other plants for many years. But I don't know how sensitive these particular seedlings are 2 repeated transplants. I'm actually taking the rapid Rooter plugs that they are in, and putting that into the Solo cups and then into the three gallon bags. So if by Monday I can just take those plugs out of the Solo cups that would not be too much stress I'm hoping. Correct?
              We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
              8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Thank you so much! I keep it clean. Just like I do around my orchids and other Exotics. Prevention beats having to cure. Kind of proud of myself but again I know this journey is largely dependent on you guys. So I will give them 5 to 8 days in the Solo cups as you say. Your support is so appreciated.
                We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Are these autos or photos? Your room looks great... I always worry about stuff going wrong too. But that's life...we all know it can't all be perfect.

Comment

Chefbjy, these are Autos. This is my first grow. Well, I did one grow several years ago with photoperiods. That's another whole very sad story, but thank you about my room. I have another room slightly bigger than that just across the stairwell. Considering in the future either having quite a few more autos going, or doing a veg / flowering room for photos. Lots of options and lots of privacy too.
                    We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Redwasp
                      Redwasp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I start mine just like regular plants. Transplant 3 times. From rapid rooters to peat pots to 1 gallon to 7 gallon. Hasnt phased them. But only my second go at autos. But dont think ill ever go back to photos

• Chefbjy
                      Chefbjy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I think they've come a long way with autos. Maybe some info is outdated... I've even seen manifolds on autos... I think Green75 has done it. Just depends on how well you know your strain/plant I guess.

• Chefbjy
                      Chefbjy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll be watching for that Campesino. I was a little hesitant at first but after dozens of transplants I'm not worried. I wish I started mine in cups but they're happy and chugging along nicely. Idk about manifolds, that could be bad news for me. But look forward to following along. 😉

Wow. I need to reread what you guys have just written. I am struggling with a physical problem of vertigo. Positional vertigo. It's like if you took a syringe of straight gin or alcohol or something and ingested it into your jugular vein and you were spinning and spinning and spinning. I really want to be a part of this conversation here but I am having a hard time looking at the words and watching them Rush by. This really sucks. Hopefully tomorrow when I get up and I can straighten up and have some coffee and I don't know some days it's better and some days it's not. But I need to know what you guys are talking about. I need to hit your onto your trailer so to speak hahaha. I am a very bad situation with work. Don't know if any of you have seen it. But I work at a hospital and they're trying to get rid of people that have been here for a long time and I've been there 20 years plus. So I'm looking at losing my livelihood and I'm alone in my house. I'm sorry none of that is important in this red. I'm going to go to bed. You guys are awesome.
                    Last edited by Greenpassion; 07-01-2018, 09:02 AM.
                    We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Chefbjy
                      Chefbjy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry to hear about your situation. We're here to talk to 😃. We're just shooting the breeze really and talking transplant and training. Sorry if we hijacked your thread 😉. And I hope you make the best out of whatever comes your way.

Greenpassion, been gone a few days, sorry to hear about your vertigo,
                    If you want to see how to grow autos, check out Green75 ,grows, he is the best, period.
                    He shows you step by step, anyone can follow his methods, he is very clear.
                    He is also the first to manifold autos, too, that i know of,again, he shows you step by step,
                    After your first grow, you'll see its not that hard, after all. HappyGrowing.
                    Ps, if you are not careful, you are gonna get brain fog, from trying to learn everything, all at once, it's really not that hard, I promise, check out Green75, and you will see how he grows autos, He shows you how to do it all.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Redwasp, when I get the email that tells me somebody has posted, it gives me a small section of what the post was. So I click on it and most of the time it's there. But you posted something about you transplant from peat pots and that post simply isn't to be found in my journal. I can't understand why I can't find it. This happens over and over again here, at least with me. What did you post about transplanting into peat pots?
                      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Put your rooter in your pot and let them grow, it's that simple, know need to make things harder on your first grow, but do it anyway you want too.

D.A.A.S.69 , that's exactly what I had intended on doing, but I didn't calculate correctly it did not have enough kind soil for (7) 3 gallon pots. I ordered enough, but only two bags came. I've emailed the seller and haven't gotten a response yet.
                      I've got another question to everyone out there. It's super hot here in Vermont, and the upstairs of my house can get blisteringly hot. As I posted earlier, I have an air conditioning unit in a room across a short hallway, blowing cool air into the grow room. It keeps the room right about 78 degrees which is great, but the downside is that the humidity is only around 38. Is that a problem? I know I like to keep my orchids in the mid forties and higher downstairs in my living area, and I am concerned that 38% humidity for seedlings is not such a good thing. I have small fans on them giving them slight movement as instructed, to make them stronger, and I don't know if that is affecting the humidity or if it's just the air conditioner alone. Any advice? I did think of putting the clear Dome over the ones that I have in the Solo cups. That would increase the humidity around them, but what about the ones in the 3 gallon pots? Clear cups over them?
                      Last edited by Greenpassion; 07-01-2018, 08:27 AM.
                      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As long as the humidity is close to 40 you will be ok, Higher is better, but it's
                        35-40percent is ok.
                        Keep the dome off. You don't need it.
                        Plenty of cheap ways to get humidity up, if you just have to get it up, which if they were mine, I wouldn't worry with.
                        Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 07-01-2018, 08:34 AM.

Ok. Thanks 😊
                      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Gotta a question for you guys. So I have these seven autos planted about a week or so ago. When should I start new seedlings? Should I wait a month or two months? Trying to have it so that I don't have a gap.
                        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Chefbjy
                          Chefbjy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Depends on your resources, space available, and time to care for. I like to start new seedlings about 3-4 weeks before harvest. That way I can free up my tent and transition them to 12/12 . I have another room I can use for veg while I'm cleaning out my tent. And I have plenty of time to tend to curing while the others are going into flower.

But if you have the time space and resources to keep a continuous garden you can start at the beginning of flower or sooner. Depending on your ability to tend to different needs of plant stages.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X