• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO First Grow, Seeling Stage, Need Advice Please

4x4 Grow Tent
    600w MH bulb
    General Hydoponics Advanced Nutrient System
    Strain is White Widow

I was pretty much following the guide for hydo to the T for a while. I put two seeds in two rooters, popped them in the system, turned the water on and sent it on its merry way for the first few days. I know I made a few mistakes already that I hopefully corrected but I'm really not sure at this point. So at first there were no nutrients in the water. A few days after the 13th I swapped out the water and added 1/4th strength nutes but still had her being overwatered for sure and it looked like signs of magnesium deficiency (??) . Now I've switched to hand watering and have the nutrients in the water at the recommended dose per the bottle. Looking at the plant now I think she's doing better? But I really could use some advice!

Sorry if I missed any vital info.
    Post with 1 views. Carlos_Cannabis First Grow First Prob

Hey carlos,,have u been checking ur PH daily? I check my PH in the morning and then at night everyday And how is the air stone flow ?

Comment

Yeah I check the PH at least twice a day. At first whenever I checked the PH it was always a bit high, 7-8 ish. Then I'd adjust it back down. Since then I stopped running the top fed part of the water system and just hand water. The airstones seem to be fine. The WHOLE tub isn't bubbles but there is a good bit.

Comment

I like to see 2-3 sets of leaves and roots in the water before adding nutes.
        "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
        5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
        600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
        Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
        400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
        ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
        13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

CarlosCannabis ,love that name.
          I grow in soil, so I'm not much help at all. But I was just gonna Welcome You to GWE, it's a good place to be.
          Plenty of nice, smart people on here, that really do like to help people ,with their crops.
          GoodLuck and Welcome Carlos
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Update: The roots have juuuuuuust hit the water. This is what the plant looks like now. Is she gonna make it???

Comment

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you give a better pic of leaves please

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking at your picture it looks like you could possible have TMV tobacco masonic virus . But without better photos it’s hard to say for sure .

There should never be an issue of overwatering a hydro based grow . The issue is more that you dont have enough air in the water . You also shouldn’t be able to over water rooter . They are designed to drain well so you don’t have issues like over watering .
            DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X