Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of buds when curing

Hey all

so after drying what size do you leave buds when you jar them? I try to remove all the easy to remove buds but still end up with a 7g plus bud thats hard to break down. (If you follow..)

Finding mold risk in the bigger buds are higher :/

cheers all

Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Hey RobM, I always break the big buds down too, just like the rest of them, you gotta be careful with those big buds, drying time an mold.
    Your gonna eventually have to break, those big ones down, anyway, before you smoke them. Sure makes jarring easier, Good Luck with yours.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Well I think DAAS said it all.

But If you are drying with low humidity its alot easier. If your high humidity its harder. What is the humidity where your drying. And by big buds whats you definition of a large bud? There is large and then there is the massive colas DAAS grows. Lol I say that because he grows some massive colas. He knows better about big fat thick colas. I seem to grow lots of smaller ones.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwasp, I think you got that bass-akwards, you the man that grows the big uns, lol

Lol Ive seen your buds. Dont be shy. I may get tons of bud yours are huge.

Comment

Yeah I just lost a 7g bud to mold :/ felt dry bit horrible stink from 1 jar. Binned the offending bud.. held a little memorial for it and spent 20 mins inspecting the rest. Worst part was I had a humidity pack in that jar

its hard to destroy them pre smoke.. they just look so good when still a decent size cola
        Current grow

4x bubbas gift
        4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Whats the humidty where you are. Im in the south so its bad here. Look at my post on lisa coming down. I can help just need to know the humidty and how big they are.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm South of you and it's so damn muggy outside, you can't breathe, no sh-t.
            Plus it's been drizzling rain the last few days, so it's as high as it can get. And it's hot as hell down here too.
            It ain't normal, either, can't wait till August an September. Just kiddn
            Only place that I know worse, is SouthLouisiana, it's a mfer, down there, but you know about that, down there.

I'm in Australia our humidity is broken atm lol. As for in the jars .. no clue. I keep meaning to sort out my humidity sensors etc but the room i grow in etc is about 70%
          Current grow

4x bubbas gift
          4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            You really need to get a way to keep an eye on the humidity in those jars. Well at least 1 at a time.

Well thats hard to help with then. Lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X