My weed smells green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My weed smells green

I recently grew, harvested, cured and had tested a Northern Lights grow. The lab results were, in my opinion, nothing short of spectacular. Total THC was 29.2%. However, even after careful curing, following all of the techniques outlined here at GWE, the static smell of those buds is still rather green. The smell dramatically improves when the buds are ground up for consumption. Does anyone have any idea why these very potent buds smell green in the jar?

Ive had that happen from some of the best bud I ever grew. Just call it transportable weed. Lol the same plant monster cropped smelled so strong I couldn't take her anywhere. So just be happy and smoke her up.

Comment

Did you use molasses at the end? If not try it. Makes for some stout smelling bud.

Comment

Bigpapa ,Man, that is some strong stuff, I'm trying to find a place, to check some myself, but my state is illegal, so I reckon, I'll have to order one of those Home test kits like AlphaCat, or similar.
        But I still got 3-4jars of NLights, left that I grew over a year ago, and when I open a jar of it, it still smells like Pineapple, only much stronger Pineapple smell now, but mine was an autoflower from Nirvana.
        Are you in a legal state ? Or did you have to order a kit, and do it yourself ?
        I got some Mephisto Ripleys OG auto, that I would love to check.
        And if you checked it yourself, which test kit did you use ? And was it hard to do ? I been reading up on it, but I don't know if I'm smart enough to do the test or not, I never did well, on tests at school, I can promise you.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I have the same issue. When ground up smells great but the smell after cure just aint right. :/
          Current grow

4x bubbas gift
          4gal fabric pots..
          coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
          600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

To answer a couple of points made. I grow in DWC so no molasses. Regarding testing, I’m in Cali and used a certified lab. $60 for a basic overall THC content.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good deal, maybe our state will be legal. 60bucks ain't bad at all.

Don't dwc growers here use molasses?

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry i like dirt. But pretty sure they do. And makes a hell of a difference.

• DankwingDuck
              DankwingDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothong organic in the dwc.

I just finished my final NL and smell and taste we're both there including that very distinctive knock out high that dwells morning after ..I figured out with my experience and further testing ..I let the plants dry too long so my burping schedule change significantly dry too long jars stay closed longer for rehydrating too wet jars get burped frequent .. molasses for soil growers is beneficial ..the smell and taste will come back as is it ages BUT there are time constraints.it might be a blessing not having the smell because NL is pretty stinky and attracts unwanted attention.

Comment

I like NL because of the lack of smell and knock your ass out bud. But holy shit there is some that smells. Compared to others I consider it transportable. Nitro lemon haze, the coughs, and others like the skunks and cheese you just cant hide.

Again if it doesnt smell and is that strong thank god for his blessing.

Comment

What's up redwasp..no doubt went to a wedding last weekend and brought some NL to the church for my uncle who had pollio..well let's just say I had everyone approach me ?? Not doing that again
                .lol I got a cycle of organic pink..lemon haze and a strain I just made up to put Canada in deeper in the growing game called Northern snow (northern lights and a.k.a snow bud or akorn.

Comment

Yes I love the "quiet" buds. Others may want the smell. But atm you can smell my house from blocks away. If you have seen my other post you know why.

Comment

Bahaha ...lol your to funny..I can't smell anything any more my wife's the one badgering on I just smile..lol..you ever try unsulphered aged molasses it's kinda gross but man do the plants love it just like milk of course diluted..sorry bigpapa no hijacking intended.

Comment

For some results from later experience, I recently grew a couple of OG Skunk autoflowers. The buds were very large but not very dense. And after careful curing, and lab results at 19%, it smelled “green” in the jars. So my wife and I went back and closely trimmed all of it into those tight nuggets you see at retail facilities. Now it smells awesome. Sure we lost a lot of weight. But all of that trim makes for good joints and great material for making RSO. The RSO we put into capsules for a no- combustion high. We also used an ounce of that trim and made cannabutter. The brownies were delicious 😋.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X