Bud sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud sites

Hi first time grower here, my 2 NL autos are not 25 days old and 23 days old, I have topped them once and have gotten good results from it however I am concerned that my canopy is not even enough and am wandering how to get longer colas and more bud sites in the last few weeks of veg growth to maximise yield! Should I top again? Micro top? Defoliate? I have also been using no nutrients at all. Below are 2 pics of each plant. 😁
    Last edited by rizcuny; 06-20-2018, 10:20 AM.

Hello, limited experience here my self but do alot of rrading. Alot of plant training methods will slow them down, with autos your on the clock. They are going to bud ready or not. I think from what is see you are well on track. I would suggest you look into super cropping to help control the height of the canopy. When they hit the flower stretch you can use that to level out the taller colas.

Some plant ties can be used to help spread the outer portions of the plants away from the center. Your goal is surface area to the light. Catch as much as possible.

Some people like to do heavy defoliation, I don't recommend this. Pruning a leaf here and there to help get the light into the plants or taking off a few lower leaves that are getting no light is all I do personally.

As far as no nutrients, if you started with good soil then feeding for the first few weeks is not needed. It may even burn the plants. But your going to want to invest in some kind of nutrients for the later stages of growth or your going to run into issues. These plants grow at crazy rates and pour everything they have into those buds. There is simply not enough nutrients in the soil to feed them all the way trough. Unless you have a amended super soil.

What to get? There are a million choices, I personally have gone to the organic side of things and I'm haveing good luck so far. I started with the organic go box on Amazon. Was cheap and effective. And have now switched to the worm compost teas.

There is alot more than this. I highly suggest going to the GWE main site there is so much info there on almost anything you can think of, including simple steps to make your yeild larger.
    Sorry for the really wordy post.

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply, I started with plant magic plus and have still not given any nutrients, I’m looking to just buy some flower nutrients in one bottle don’t wanna be buying multiple, any suggestions?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      What's 'plant magic plus'?

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      Plant magic plus soil

Anyone have any training methods for my current situation. They are growing rapid so here’s some more pics now at 26&28 days old

Comment

Spread them out & tie um down & opening the middle up by defoliation and watch them grow😎

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X