How to flush my plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to flush my plant?

So, transplanted my 2 plants (3week old gorilla glue auto)to buffered coco 2 days ago. All seems well & coco was dry, so I mixed a gallon of nutrients (FF grow big & cal mag). Problem was EC-in was signifigantly higher than runoff EC. I assume this means I have to flush the coco? Is it appropriate to do it immediately, or better to wait for coco to dry out a little? Also, could someone explain what entails a proper flush. Do I keep pouring water until the runoff EC comes down?

thanks for any & all feedback

Try reading this thread. There might even be a pdf you can download. Hope this helps. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...rowing-in-coco
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Riverwart
      Riverwart commented
      Editing a comment
      Have not been feeding every watering. Have only been adding grow big every other watering for last 7 days. Both plants were transfered to fabric pots from jiffy cups in last 3 days. Watered before transfer only nute added was hydroguard, & buffered coco in new pots with cal mag before transfer.
      Have been erring on the side of caution thus far when it comes to nutes & lighting. Have read so much stuff from every direction about nute & light burn it has me hesitant to "turn things up". This is my 1st grow, so, I have no personal experience to draw from. Feel like up until today, things have been going ok, but I fear I may have blasted 1 of my plants by accidentaly going full strength with the FF grow big instead of the 1/3-1/2 strength that I had been using.
      As far as my EC readings, after adding nutes (grow big & cal mag) & PH adjuster, EC was in the 800's going in, the runoff was reading in the high 400's on plant #1, in the 600's on plant #2.
      Just trying to avoid stunting/harming my plants at this early stage.

Thanks for your input

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I can suggest reading the pdf version Campesino supplied in that thread. There will be a lot of helpful insight and answers to some common questions? Did you follow his guide to buffering the coco? Campesino I'm worried the buffer bond might be broken feel free to chime in when you get done trimming 😝.

• Riverwart
      Riverwart commented
      Editing a comment
      I did follow campesinos guide to buffering (brick) coco to the letter. Except for using RO water, ph'd to 6.0 instead of using regular tap water per the tutorial.

Hey Riverwart

Trying to get caught up here. Let's see if I got it.
    1. transplanted into new buffered Coco
    2. Fed with pretty high EC/PPM
    3. Run-off was not as high as what you put in
    4. However, you also irrigate with plain water? ("Have not been feeding every watering")

The numbers you are reporting are totally predictable! The only problem is the plain water. The run-off EC is lower than inflow, because you are also providing water that is low EC (plain water in between feedings). When you first transplanted in, the coco was very low EC. You need to add a lot of nutrient solution to bring the EC up. That was further hindered by the addition of plain water.

I see you talking about my guide (Thanks Chefbjy ). Providing nutrients with all water is one of the most important practices to successfully follow the guide! Fortunately, your plants don't risk injury in this condition, but they will not grow as well as they could. I suggest fertigating with an increased amount of nutrient solution until EC/PPM come up close to inflow. Then proceed according to the guide.

Hope I understand the situation properly and happy to answer other Qs

Comment

• Riverwart
      Riverwart commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya campesino,
      You got the basic idea of whats going on. I was just wondering if there was a way to "hit the reset button" by flushing the plant and starting over. Have come to the conclusion that I have under-watered up to this point, as well as not having my light (300w viparspectra) turned up as high as it could be, as well as keeping plants a little too far from the light. Had light set 45veg 15flower, about 34" from plant. Have since upped light to 70/50, & moved plants about 26" below.
      All that said, aside from being smaller than i think they should be, they have looked healthy, proportionate, up to this point
      So going forward, As soon as my coco drys a bit, go ahead & resume watering with nutes added? Or dont wait, go ahead & water til runoff?
      Thanks again for your feedback. It helps!

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think a flush is needed. In fact, it sounds like the opposite. I rec that you Fertigate (water with nutes) until run-off - and add a lot the next time - lots of run-off. This will help get the PPM up to the range you are looking for.

• Riverwart
      Riverwart commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much!
      Plants looking a little "droopier" than what Ive been used to, but look ok for the most part. Will fertigate with full nutes just as soon as coco drys up a little. Still pretty damp from yesterdays watering.

Thanks again.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X