Hot,hot,hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot,hot,hot

im stuck in a heat wave, temp’s well over 100 with humidity at about 80% I’ve shaded my outside grow the best I can. This is sinister. Summer has arrived with bang.can’t
    stay in the garden for long just to hot. The 4 GSC Xtream I’m growing in 5 gal s.p. Are in veg and Seem unaffected by the heat so far? 🤞 if anyone knows of something that can help keep my grow from stressing out from the heat ....thanks.

Have a fan blowing through them.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Buzzer777
      Buzzer777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Silica helps too.
      You wanna feel hot..Ima in the High Sierra desert of Nevada, and routinely it is over 100 in summers here..The RH is under 10% TG!!

About all i know to do is pray for a weather change, unless you can bring them inside.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Seaweed kelp extract helps with heat stress
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Thanks kid, I got to get to my hydro store 😁

Comment

Potted, 90's where I'm at. I set up a regular house fan outside, on low, blowing on my girlz and the temp lowered 5 degrees. No ill affects from the sun and heat. My wife was laughing at me when she saw what I was doin! Oh the things we'll do for the 5 finger ladies! Good luck

Comment

I’ve done some strang s**t for my weed, and yes my wife would bust my buds for awhile if I did that, saying that it’s not a bad idea Canuck and JP thanks😎

Comment

Have they been outside for long? If so they may have no issues. Given time to acclimate plants can really thrive in some harsh conditions.

Comment

Fingers crossed, and yes thay been outside for about two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Californiakid View Post
                  Seaweed kelp extract helps with heat stress
                  Yes it's very good. I used it one very hot summer during an outdoor grow. helped out considerably.

Comment

I’ve read about it a long time ago maybe on GWE thanks for the reminder

Comment

108.4 degrees and climbing in my locale. Forecast was for 107, but it should well break 110 degrees today. Cooler than Death Valley, but not by much. Have some of my grow on wheels that I move in and out of the carport attached to my barn. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	695.0 KB
ID:	220725

Comment

• starramus
                        starramus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Certainly not the ideal growing environment. Plants are looking stressed. I'd rather be over watering at this time rather than under watering.

We're gonna get stuck in a 90+ heatwave starting tomorrow; the girls are in a windowsill right now because I still don't have my tent's heat and airflow problems figured out. The "put the tent in an airconditioned room with the door closed" doesn't seem to be working out the way we thought. First problem is that there is no wall outlet where the tent has to be...and having the hot air exhaust back into the same room would seem to defy logic.
                      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Redwasp
                        Redwasp commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Run the vent up a chimney, window, anything. They even make boxes that look like portable air conditioners to explain the vent.

As far as electricity well just need to rewire. If you can. Or better yet solar panels when you are rewiring.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X