To feed or not to feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To feed or not to feed

Thanks in advance to everyone on here. You all have been a great help to me on my first grow.

Here is my situation / question. I have 4 Bluechees photo plants in 5 gallon fabric pots. Soil is jobes organic mix from Wally world. I watied 4 weeks from sprout till I did my first feeding and the plants immediately responded with nutrient burn and dark green nitrogen toxicity. Not a supper bad case but I flushed early to prevent it getting worse.
    Week 5 did a light feeding and had some pH issues my fault. Got a pH pen and flushed lightly could call that a heavy watering to correct pH. Now I'm 7 weeks in and plants have had basically only water and some calmag.

The confusing part to me is plants are happy and growing well I'm now 1 week into bloom should I feed with nutrients even if the plants are healthy and well. I want the most out of these I can get but will forcing nutrients in make a difference or just burn them again?

It's not all about nutes...yes it helps to feed your plants but it's not going to make the bank. Light, oxygen, and water are the main staples of good growth. Assuming that the soil is already fertilized since you got burns. Does it say on the bag feeds for x days? I hope you didn't get stuff like that..with time released nutes.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• fwril
      fwril commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not a slow feed soil, just a organic compost mix with worm castings. I'm just baffled how it could be so rich. Was dirt cheap at Walmart. Little pun there

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      To know if you should feed or not it's a good idea to use a ec/tds meter to test run off. This will tell you the ppm left in soil.

GoodMorning Fwril, if they were mine, and growing real good, I wouldn't use anything but worm compost teas, an molasses, from here on out, your buds will get much larger, too.
    Recharge, is also an excellent product, that works great.
    Plus when cured, they are gonna taste awesome too, you want even have to flush, at harvest, But some people still flush, but I dont.
    GoodLuck, read up on worm compost teas , it does wonders, the natural way.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      that recharge stuff i hear nice things but its so expensive i cant afford it yet im saving for lights but my next grow im gonna see if i can get some of the recharge and some other stuff im keeping is as simple as possible while still getting decent bud and yield..

as for fwril these other guys here know way more than i do but wouldnt you give the plant a little pk boost to get it flowering? maybe a mini dose?

D.A.A.S.69 these compost teas seem interesting. Do you have any suggestions on where to look for information about them did a Google search and saw the basic principles. Any thing special for cannabis plants?

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      so is recharge a microbe booster like compost teas?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Recharge, does pretty much everything, read up on it. On DudeGrows, website.
      I use it everyday, 1teaspoon a gallon of water, but I only use about 4-6ozs, and I pour it right next to the stalk, You never have any burn Mark's either, just beautiful Green colored plants.

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      how much does a bag last you, like how many feedings and how many plants per feeding are you using it or if its a teaspoon a gallon how many teaspoon is in the small bag and how many is in the big bag lol

Tea is good, but I can't help thinking... if it aint broke don't jack with it. They will let you know if they need feeding.

Comment

yeah when i get a chance / have a lil bit of money ima get it for sure its on my next item to order for my plants list and dude grows give a 25% off cod so 22.50 isnt bad at all for 48 gallons worth... and i would use it on and off at half teaspoon with my worm compost i have 2000 worms coming in on weds... thatll mean itll be near enough for 100 gallons at half strength mixed with compost/wormcastings for teas and im thinking 2 teas a week one with and one with out

Comment

cause i know i could use the help with healthy root growth and wider ph range and wider lock out range.. im also trying to go for a living soil type of grow so this fits in perfectly for my "ideal" grow i dont got the money for it all at once so as i go i will get things and once i get the ball rolling i will be fine..

Comment

Listen to D.A.A.S on easy grows. He has it down from what ive seen. And 40 gallons sounds like alot of water but i use 45 every 3 days. But I grow more and smoke more than a person should.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X