Pictures please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures please help

I want to know what this syemptoms are calcium defencey or nitrogen ? Or ph proplem ... the lower leaves are turn yellow

Hi Alien3000

Coco?
    I think we may have spoken elsewhere?

It looks like you are having problems with un-buffered Coco. The only way to solve these issues is to work on buffering the coco with Ca. Unfortunately, this will produce sub-optimal nutrient conditions for the plant in the mean time. You can't just solve the plant's issues - you have to fix the medium first.

Tell me whatever you can about the coco. Did it come as a prepared product or did you re-hydrate a brick? If brick, let me know how you prepared it. Also, need to know what you are giving the plant for Ca and Mg. Finally, what size containers, and how long have the plants been in them?
    With that info, I will try to give you the best course of action to get your coco and plant on the road to recovery

Cheers

Comment

Hello campesino thanx for always helping me my plant is 7 weeks old and in 5 gallon pot now i used coco brick and i re-haydrate it with tape water only and used in the final water call mag about 2 tea spoon per galon i tarnsplaneted in it from 5 days only

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        The risky course of action would be to transplant again into buffered Coco. It sounds like your coco may cause a lot of problems and this could fix them. BUT, you could seriously injure the plant if you don't do it well.

You are giving 10ml/gallon of CalMag? Is that GH "CaliMagic"? In all water? I am confused there, please clarify.

I use call mag local brand from my country they tell me to put 5 ml per liter .....what wrong i did with my coco tell me please and what i must do next time and how to help my plant now

Comment

I dont need to tarnsplant it again if that what you mean how should i fix the medium

Comment

To prepare brick coco:
          1. Re-hydrate in tap water
          2. Rinse through a screen to remove coco peat (dust size particles). This also starts to remove NaCL
          3. Buffer rinsed Coco in Cal/Mag (see below)

To Buffer Coco:
          1. Prepare buffering solution: Tap water with full dose of Cal Mag (125% dose is fine)
          2. Place Coco in a fabric pot - and then place that into a bucket.
          3. Soak Coco in buffering solution for 8+ hours
          4. Raise fabric pot and allow to drain - dump bucket
          5. Soak again in fresh buffering solution for 8+ hours

Be sure to see my Guide for growing in coco! The link is in my signature

Cheers
          Last edited by Campesino; 06-16-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

So i must transplanet ??? Or can i do that with the plant i mean cAn i give now extra dose of calmag without transplan

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. You can try to buffer in place.
              It sounded like you are already giving a pretty heavy dose... Don't go crazy because that will cause other problems.

If you give enough Ca long enough then the buffer will be established. As the buffer is being established the colloids in Coco are taking Ca and Mg and releasing K. Other nutrients can also get caught up in the CEC, but they will eventually be replaced with Ca and the Coco will be stable and buffered. You can expect a few nutrient issues to emerge during this period, but the plant should be able to survive and once the Colloids are satisfied with Ca the plant can resume normal growth in an appropriate nutrient element ratio.

Thanks so much really

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              I am happy to help.
              Let me know if you have other questions

#CocoLove

But should i give now normal dose of cAlmag ? And what about watering everyday ??

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              OK,
              I recommend the following fertigation strategy. I also recommend that you measure EC or PPM to be able to follow my directions so work on getting a meter.

1. Fertigate daily: The pots are too big to do more than that yet, but they should be able to handle 1x per day without over-watering issues. It is important to fertigate daily to maintain high levels of Ca in the nutrient solution.

2. Fertigate always: all water that you add should have the proper blend of nutrients (including Cal Mag!).

3. Give a strong dose of Cal Mag, (at least full strength).

4. Don't burn your plants with high EC. You can probably get away with 1.6 (1600) as inflow with 1x daily fertigation at this stage. You are going to run a little hot to keep cal mag high, but you need to be careful to not burn them. You should track both inflow and run-off EC and I would try to keep them 1600 in and 1800 out. I explain how to manage run-off EC in my guide. If you cannot yet measure EC, you can still proceed, but it will be helpful to be able to set those values and track them. In either case, you should watch for tip burn. Tip burn is a sign of high EC - it is not related to other nutrient issues that may occur during this process. So if you see tip burn you should lower EC (concentration of nutrients) but don't lower Cal Mag!

I hope this helps!

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              You may actually be able to fertigate more than just 1x daily.
              How old and how big is the plant(s)?

Really i dont know what i should say your ate amaZin dude by the way i am using 5 pot gallon my plant is 7 weeks old veg and 43 cm tall ... but i have something i was in 3 gallon pot with perlite and peatmoss and i transplented to coco coir 5 gallon i mean by that that am still have some soil in my pot just to tell me if i can do anything deffrient .... but if not i will do what you just tell me ..
            Last edited by Alien3000; 06-17-2018, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              1x is one time.

The peat can cause drainage issues. Is there 3 gallons of peat and only 2 gallons of Coco? What do you think the ratio is?

I'd say you can still fertigate 1x daily, but I'd start there and see how they do. Try to apply the water only/primarily to the coco at the edges of the pot, and water slowly.

And somethig weird always happen i always give water with 500 ppm ans get a tip burn
            Last edited by Alien3000; 06-17-2018, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Perfect mate thanks so so so so much 😃

Comment

Yes 3 gallon peat and 2 coco but will do what you told me about water slowley and in the places that got coco

Comment

• Campesino
                  Campesino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're welcome - I'll be here...

I am a little concerned about drainage with that much peat. It sounds like you have a good amount of perlite too, which will help. If the peat is really holding moisture you may drown the roots. Coco won't do that, but peat sure can. So proceed with caution.

In response to above,
                  Inflow PPM is not the only factor to consider with tip burn. What is really important is the PPM or EC that is in the nutrient solution suspended in the media. Inflow EC, evaporation, and accumulated salt deposits can all impact the EC that is in the "root zone". Run-off EC is a better measure of what is actually available to the plant. So you are really using inflow EC as one factor to manage run-off EC. Run-off EC is what counts.
                  EC and PPM are different measures of the same thing (for all intents and purposes here)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X