miscalculation on vertical grow space and flowering stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miscalculation on vertical grow space and flowering stretch

I have a jungle of aurora indica's that are 42 inches + tall in the third week of flower and I forgot to take into account the 5 gallon pot size height they are in when calculating when to switch to flower. My light is at it's maximum height and it's about 10 inches from the tallest cola. They're under a eye hortilux HPS 1000w bulb and have been growing about an inch a day for the first 2 weeks and looks like they are growing about half an inch a day now. Anyone have an idea when this madness is going to stop? I literally can not move the light up anymore. I'm worried they will get light burn, but i haven't noticed anything yet. Temps don't seem to be a problem using the hand test. I don't want to lose any potency from light burn.

Anyway to stop vertical growth?

Type supercrop into the search bar above. Read up on it and it should solve your problems. It seems scary, but it works great. I use it even when height is not an issue.

Comment

Super-cropping is probably the best option.
      I have had plants stop stretching entirely on day 25 of 12/12. I have also had plants continue to grow vertically until day 50! I flipped a plant on my current grow when she was 18.5" and she ended up 52". I really ran out of space too, but was just able to manage with extensive and repeated supercropping.
      You can see all of that documented in my current grow journal (link below)

Comment

agree on supercrop. as a last resort turn down ballast watts 10 inches is to close for a 1000w hps.

Comment

Yes 10 inches is too close...even with temps being good. Supercrop ftw!!! I had to mount my light with zip ties and take it off the ratchet ropes.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            haha chefbjy I'm at that point to I raised it as far as ratchet straps will go now I will have to hang it from the metal light hangers to get 6 inches more

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Not only am I on zip-ties... I have had to try to prop up the ceiling of the tent higher above the lights to create a little more vent space. Not, much - there isn't a lot of extra material, but I got another inch - inch and a half but sticking bamboo above the metal support bars.

I'm also already zip tied, i'll super crop when the lights go back on, thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X