Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to Use topping or fiming technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to Use topping or fiming technique?

Are these plants ready to start topping or fiming? Which technique should I use?

Yes especially the one on the right. I prefer topping and lots of lst.

Comment

I'm just a simple kinda grower, and others are way more right than me, but I like to wait a week after I think to make a decision. The plants can never be "too big" but you can stunt growth when they are small. leave em be till next Saturday

Comment

The best advise I can give a new grower is don't get hung up on toping or fimming or scrogging until you know what you're doing. Just see if you can even grow anything to harvest. Then venture into more advanced growing methods.

Comment

• Smokesteve
          Smokesteve commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear u but a single chop at 5 sets of leaves can help to even out the canopy and reduce overall height. It is mega simple

The one on the right looks very healthy and is apparently growing fast. You guys dont top at that size? Im not talking manifolding here. Just topping. Ive found the earlier you top the bushier the plant. If you guys dont recommend topping at that size ill keep from telling people to do so. But ill keep doing it to mine. The earlier you top a fast growing healthy plant the better the results in my exp. The one on the left is not really ready but the one on the right is ready to explode with growth. Im sure some of you have seen my plants. Do any look stunted or slowed down?

Not trying to start an argument I just want to know if I have been giving others bad advice. It works like a champ for me. But that does not mean it works for everyone.

Comment

• wolfalias
          wolfalias commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you. I waited til my outdoor white widow was almost 2 feet tall, and now wishing I had done it 2 or 3 weeks earlier.

Nebula haze has an excellent tutorial on topping & fiming on the gwe website. I follow her instructions to the letter.
        If the sun always shone
        How soon the tree would wither
        -- Confucius

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X