Sick plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick plant

I'm not sure what's wrong with this plant. Ive flushed it with clean ph water thinking it was a nutrient problem. That didn't work. Thought it was a fungus of some sort sprayed the hell out of all my plants. Still nothing. It's been super hot here lately mid to high 90s. Not sure if that could be playing a part. Any suggestions would be great.

Added info.
    My growing medium is coco, ph going in is usually around 5.6 to 6.5. Run off is 5.6.

i think it was too hot so it slowed down and then you flushed it a bit too much slowing it some more, looks like it needs food and some time to recover. maybe in the process feed at ph 6 to make sure it doesnt go lower, 5.6 runoff may indicate it a little to acidic in the medium. ill bet it will be growing fast and furious in a couple of weeks

Comment

Hi Pmoe90

I think the leaf issues are related to Ca and Mg. The Coco is probably still removing Ca and Mg and leaving it unavailable to the plant. This could be confirmed with EC numbers in and run-off.

It also looks a little under fed. This too could be confirmed with EC numbers

You should not be concerned with the run-off pH. Run-off pH should be ignored in Coco - Inflow should be set to appropriate range. I'd suggest inflow at 6.2-6.3 until symptoms improve.

How much CalMag are you providing?

Comment

Under fed? I' giving them the right amount according to the bottles. 1 tsp per gallon of each nutriens. Should I go higher? And I don't have the calmag. I'm also trying not to over water the plants. It happens to me lot.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          You really cannot over-water coco. You don't have to be worried about this. I water 4 times per day on a timer!

You need to get Cal Mag. This is 100% your issue and you will not be able to grow strong plants without it. Cal/Mag is required in Coco due to the nature of the Cation Exchange Capacity of Coco.

You should not increase the amount of nutrients besides Cal Mag - in fact you may have to reduce them as you add Cal Mag to keep EC steady.

Alright I ordered some. I'll see what happens.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X