3ish weeks in training questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3ish weeks in training questions

Hey all so my plants are in a tent under a LED light and they are growing what I believe to be really well. I know I should be at some point training them somehow to help increase my yields. I’m not sure if I’d be better off topping them or doing a low stree train and gradually bending the stems to the side as they grow. I’m looking for opinions.
    2x4x6 Vivosun. 3gal Fabric Pot. Coco loco & Kind Soil
    Viparspectra 450W
    Aurora Indica (Nirvana) & Shaman (Dutch Passion)

Plants look great - top em for sure. Check out Nebula's tutorials on GWE.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hey!
      You can/should combine topping or fimming with LST.
      There is alot of info on GWE, if you haven't... I would reccomend you to read this: https://www.growweedeasy.com/topping-fiming
      that's the guide Canuck147 also recommended.

I would like to ask you , at what height do you have your light?
      it looks like your plant thrives to grow tall....
      I am also using LED and I have my lights like this:
      Germination: 60-70 cm
      Vegetative: 40- 60 cm
      Bloom: 30- 40 cm

Good luck !

Comment

So just measured my lights from top of soil to bottom edge of the light is about 91cm. From the tops of my plants it’s approx. 78cm which is the highest it go in my current set up. About a week or so ago I tried to lower the lights some, but admittedly I kinda eye balled it and didn’t measure and my plants both kinda fell toward the ground. I immediately brought my light back up and they stood back up after a couple days.

I am going to try again using the numbers you provided and see what reaction I get bringing it down to 60cm from the tops of my plants. I’ll post back in a day or so and let you all know the results.
        Viparspectra 450W

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
          Dr.Moggs commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a Good idea!

You should see what your manufacturer's recommendations regarding distance are. Since you are in week 3 your in the vegetative state and should lover you lights more.

The measurements I typed is the recommendations from my manufacturer. But my lights are 2-3 times stronger than yours (600 W drawn power) .

So like an absolute tool bag that I am I misplaced the sheet with the recommendations for light heights and I can’t seem to find them online. So I emailed the company to see if they can just send me a copy or tell me.

I moved my lights down about 14 hours ago and just checked on my new plants. They look to bw really enjoying it! So thank you so much for that!

As I wait for an email from the company I brought my lights down another 20cm to see how the beauties respond.
        Viparspectra 450W

Comment

So I’ve decided I’ll be Fimming & LST both my plants once they are ready which shouldn’t be much longer at all honestly, with their current growth rates. Both plants have what I believe is 3 Nodes each. That’s me not counting the first pair of leaves since the first set of leaves. I may be wrong but I think the first set are those first leaves that came out the seed. They both are single blade.
          Viparspectra 450W

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X