need help diagnosing whats wrong with my babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help diagnosing whats wrong with my babies

my plants are getting yellowing from the bottom up and in the first picthe plant on the right is like a light lime green color leaves in stead of a healthy darker green like the one left of it but they are all yellowing and looking like calcium deficiency i dont know if it was over watered at some point causing calcium or nitrogen lock out so i tried to water less so im going back n fourth trying to find the perfect balance to mopisture in my soil also i added some npk to make sure had enough and that it wasnt the problem but still having trouble idk what to do this is my first grow and im just learning as i go as well as getting things i need as i need it.. this is my training learning phase as well as getting everything i need as i need it during this grow so that my next one will be have everything i need in experience and materials.. i know my grammar sucks but please help! the second from last pic with the two blue cups in front of the other 3 those 5 plants are all the same age but only the 2 in front looks like they are doing good but i can see the calium looking defficeny coming along and if i dont fix it i think itll wipe my plant out or keep it stunted like the plant in pic the small plant is an OG kush was looking really nice then out of no where started to stunt and yellow and now has leaves dying off those 3 plants are the same age but still looks like a seedling! will have a ph pen and ppm meter come in tomorrow and i will make sure ph is good i been using rain water which i figured should be good ph level.. anyways thanks in advance guys! this place has helped me learn so much!

in the very last pic with 5 cups the top row is c99 og c99 bottom row is honey trap honey trap the og is 5 weeks old from sprouting out the ground the other 4 are 3 weeks old and are stunted scraggly looking i know not all seedlings will turn out great but 11/15 sprouted but all of em were scraggly stunted looking none of the leaves look good they are weird shaped and looking.. they honey trap looks a tiny bit better enough for me to try and keep it going and hope itll grow out of the bs or start to catch up once the roots or the plant itself grows enough to get it going.. idk.. please help

Comment

Starting with the obvious and first things first, have you thought about growing in a normal size container?

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Try using Peat pots. When the roots poke out of the pots, bury the peat pot into the permanent pot.

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah ima start doing that ill get some do you use solo cups then peat pots or doyou start with peat pots and how small is your first pot and so on

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I use 3" pots. No Solo cups.
        Last edited by kingfish; 06-14-2018, 02:08 PM.

Yea just looks like they are ready to move into bigger homes. Meaning larger containers with more soil. Some of us don't even need nutrients until the plant is 3ft tall and 3ft wide, like a bush, with a big enough container and good soil. Don't fret about the NPK ph sst ntg stuff right now . It's all about the C,H,O,O2, H20 and nurturing thriving plants during the VEG stage. $20 will get you some containers (fabric pots are best, but I drilled 5gal buckets for $2 each) and a few bags of soil like FFOF or FFHF and just add water a few weeks. Spend $12 on a bottle of bloom food and you will finish in a few months with great nugget. There is no need to go more complex, but you can if you want to. Get a baseline, of what works, and then try your hand at all the things you desire. The primary goal on your first year of growing is to support the habit, and not have an expensive grow hobby that actually costs you money, this is just what I would tell someone who is beginning.

Comment

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the tip im using ffof and kinda to make it a mix of happy frog by adding worm castings and mychorizae i cant spell it lol and a little more perlite cause it seems to drain like shit what is c,h,o and yeah i have plenty 5 gallon buckets what size holes do you think i should make and how far apart are the holes.. yeah im still learning this my first grow but imstarting a few more seeds now and gonna try to just get them going before i start adding to much more..

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        which bloom food did you use choose and whats your base for nutes and how are you giving ,h,o,o2 to your plants..

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        freddyyola

Yes I put them onto trays. I think the 12" ones, are the ones that fit good. The 14" ones are a little big, and don't work very good.
        Here's what works for me:
        - I grow seedlings in solo cups until the plant is as big as the solo cup. Or, I just plant clones straight into 5 gal buckets.

-once in 5 gal buckets full of soil (no extra anything, just straight Ocean forest straight from the bag) just add water

-just water water water until they are getting big and bushy, the plant itself is as big as the 5gal bucket. I might add a half dose of veg food (Wholly mackeral by fox farm) one or two times during the last 7-14 days of veg.

-I like growing things fast, and having lots of prime nugget every few weeks, so I make sure I "flip" at a certain schedule of the month, the plants will stretch.

- I like adding some of that Wholly Mac at the beginning of bloom, through stretch, to give some Nitrogen while the plant stretches. Once the buds start to form and spit out tons of white hairs, I just use Bloom food (Buhdda Bloom by roots organics)

-I use a 1/4 dose of bloom food every other water, mainly to keep the soil microbes active, which is like once a week. Usually I water twice a week or maybe three but I don't like using nutes more than once a week.

-just plain water until the plant yellows up and starts to die, let her dry up and then cut & hang.

It's such a simple soil grow, check it out @ 6:30 buds, a perpetual grow, it's in my signature just click on it and check out the dank, chronic nugget you can grow for cheap. It's pretty easy, but takes a little patience and learning. More of learning to be patient, cause you can't force the plants to do anything.

The more holes the better. I just used a pencil sized drill bit because I don't want soil falling out all the time and just drill until your hand starts to hurt or things start getting hot. Make sure to drill holes in the bottom too.
      C,H,O is Carbon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. CHO is carbohydrate.
      Just a tease about keeping the focus on the simple things, start with the basics. Build your house on a strong foundation. It's the building blocks at the bottom of the pyramid that need to be strongest.

this bucket works great, I would add more holes if I find the patience.

People here will help you more if you take the time to capitalize, punctuate, and separate your thoughts a little bit. Not because we are grammar police but rather the opposite, if we see you take the effort to motivate a response, many of the experienced growers will happily throw some thoughts in. A little editing and proofreading goes a long ways.
      Pictures also help. A few specific pics pertaining to your post is always a welcome thing. Just keep posting and getting some pictures up on here for us, and we will get you growing your own chronic in a short time!

Comment

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah ima do a shit load of holes do you sit them ina tray?

Hey, also if that fan is running that close to them, you don't want that either, would be WAY to much breeze. Just point a small fan at the wall on low, until they get real big, then maybe just a little more breeze, work up to it. I would agree that those plants got a little to much water, check out the tutorials Nebula has up top. You can click" Growing Basics" then scroll down, or do a search for the sections on watering, fans, or really about anything else.
      Agree with Kingkush on keeping it simple this first time around.

Best of luck!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        no i sat the cups there to take the pics they are not being blasted with air til the point of floping just dancing more than just slightly ive been keeping it on low most the time and that air dont move em at all really but it gets air on em..

yeah ima get more perlite in my soil mix for sure and start watching everything closer gonna get the perlite ph and ppm meters in the morning..

updates on the plants that were dying out and yellowing leaves from overwatering been watching the water and stransplanted to bigger pots 2 days ago but damnthey are greening up and growing again so happy to see that.. 1st pic is a china yunnan and 2nand 3rd are same skunk widow berry.. the second one still has yellowing issues buts its growing so i think its good just need time to green up the old yellow leaves the new growth all looks good green though so yeah big thing for beginners to watch is watering cause it can give signs of deficency and can make you start giving your plants what it dont need and can cause a burn or an excess of of nutes or whatever.. these pics are from last night they actually look better and grew some since but ill take new pics ina day or two.. also to the right is one more plant frm bag seed i got tied up ina pony tail to get lights under the top leaves since its a bag seed plant and i d k what it is genetics or gender im messing around with training lst/supercrop/topping to get experience for future plants... only had 1 china yunnan and im so glad its doing good because all the beans i chose only 1 made it skunk widow berry and honey trap were freebies but swb turned out niuce! and honey trap so far out of all the seeds they alllll look like shit!!!! along with C99 grapefruit pineapple pheno! out of 48 seeds i honestly think half of em were old ass no good seeds took about 10 daysto germinate then its super scrawny and weak looking idk if it was me or the seeds but i got 1 more honey trap to try and find out.. fucking blue widow didnt make it taproot got damaged fuck! and all the ones i actually chose a paid for didnt make it either im not gonna blame sensible 100% this time ill give em another chance but next time if this happens again im done with them...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X