Possibly Faulty Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly Faulty Lighting

So i read in the tutorial section that i should be keeping my light 12" away (250W HPS -new bulb and ballast) however to get 40,000 on lux I have to keep it just an inch from the glass (approx 6" from bulb). Does that mean i have a faulty bulb or ballast? Have air cooled reflective hood with glass.

Not defective min. Distance for 250 w. is about 6 inches I like 8 to 10 my self just keep it cool chow

Comment

Are you talking about lumen/square meter? Or lumens/square foot??

Comment

uh oh....newb alert! How do i know that? Probably sq foot. Have a lux meter similar to one in tutorials...

Comment

You need to find out the right unit for your meter. Just to give you an idea. One square meter is more than nine times the square foot. Meaning. 10,000 lumens/square foot is 90,000+ lumens/square meter

Comment

Ok i must be crazy. I just checked it again at said height and it was like 150,000 Lux!!! Moved it away 6 inches and now its 65,000. And research shows me 1 Lux= 1 lumen per square meter. So 65,000 Lux...seems more reasonable. Surprised i didnt hurt the plants. False alarm it seems...

Comment

Yes that sound perfectly correct. Nice light you got there. That's more than enough light. Glad that it was a false alarm. Keep the great work

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X