Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are my plants doing ok? Bottom leaves died after transplant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my plants doing ok? Bottom leaves died after transplant...

So I noticed after transplanting my plants to bigger pots the bottom leaves turned yellow and started to die a few days later...I looked on this site and saw it looked exactly like nitrogen deficiency? so I added a small amount of nitrogen rich nutrients to the water but sadly the leaves didnt recover... they were totally dead today and when I touched them they just fell off... they both 4 weeks old and I didn't want to start using nutrients too early but I guess I should add a bit every third watering for a bit of a boost?
    On another note how they looking ? are they normal size for 4 weeks ? did I wait too long to transplant? give me your opinion and help me learn a bit from my mistakes
    Thanks!!

Looks like they did become root-bound (waited too long to transplant). As a result they are somewhat stunted for their age, but can recover.

The soil really doesn't look good for cannabis. What kind of soil are you using? When you transplant them again, I will rec using better soil.

Comment

Yea i thought so as they grew quickly and now they growing small leaves but very slowly... im using a general potting soil with vermiculite about 3/4 soil 1/4 vermiculite. I struggle to find coco coir where i live and in the surrounding towns and if i had to order online the shipping or courier is more than the coco itself...

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, Coco is totally different... But you should try to find better soil. Soil that is more composted and better broken down. There shouldn't be big chucks of wood in it. You are going to have issue with drainage. Vermiculite is not going to help in that regard. Your soil is going to hold onto too much moisture - so be aware of that until you can transplant.
        Perlite is recommended instead of vermiculite.

Ok thanks I'll see if I can find a better soil or make a plan to get some coco. And report back.thanks again for the help!

Comment

I used Kind Soil on my last grow, and loved it, had a great yield. This grow I couldn't afford it, $18 a 5lb bag with shipping at $12.50 is a bit steep (that's enough for one 5 gal fiber pot which is what I use, but I grow two plants at once so I need 10 lbs, at twice the shipping). But I have paid for it in the long run. I got what I hoped was good soil for the bottom, and put my normal compost/perlite mix on top. Now I'm frantic trying to get my nutrients right so I can save her. She's huge and covered in flowers but no buds to speak of and her leaves are not happy. My husband and I drove for 3 hours today looking in garden centers for the right nutrients and I ended up ordering some off the internet.
        There are other hot soils out there, OldJarHead said he likes GreenFields but I can't find it in a store, without ordering it online and paying an arm and a leg for shipping. I've read about other soils that you actually mix with your compost/perlite that you don't have to use nutrients with. I don't know about them. Maybe one day I'll get brave again with a bag seed and try one of those soils, but from now on, I'm buying a bag of Kind Soil every month, whether I need it or not. I'll do without something to afford it!
        Best of luck on your grow!
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        1- 60w cfl for germination
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
        Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
        Seeds:
        Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
        Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
        Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
        Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

Yea I know the struggle... but I do understand the wood is a bit big and can make problems but I'll see if I can find somthing els to use... there are no garden places in my town so closest place about 2 hours away... so next time I go out of town I'll look around for somthing better. Good luck to you too !!!

Comment

Sounds like a problem that could be solved with a 5 gal. bucket a shovel, and a nice walk down the nearest creek bank. Add 50% perlite and watch the magic happen.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X