Drying tent diy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying tent diy

I'm almost done with my second try at building my drying tent. Thought I'd share pics of the skeleton. Space being limited I had to custom build one and I used 3/4" pvc pipes from Home Depot (the necessary evil in my life) costing a total of $15 max. I still need to run my nylon string across the seven levels and I'll wrap it in black visqueen after. Hole at the bottom, hole at the top, a fan inside and there it is! It will be in my main room where the weather is real nice! The one on the right dressed in black was my first attempt but it wasn't practical at all.
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Nice build. With string running across rows (maybe just every other row), you should have ample room for drying. You don't want the fan blowing directly on the buds though

We bought two cardboard wardrobe boxes from uhaul and made a few small modifications. Since we were not using the tent to grow, we put the wardrobes directly in the tent. Keep fans running but cardboard keep air from blowing directly on hanging buds. Also kept the odor confined to tent.

Good luck finishing project!

Comment

Thanks mniaczzz! i placed a small oscillating fan at the bottom of its sibling and it worked great! I'll do the same again. I had to go custom, my space available was just too ...weird?
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Great DIY! Looks like it's coming along nicely!

Comment

You must have a lot of weed to dry! Lucky you! I generally harvest one plant at a time. I hang my cannabis is a small closet using the following:
          I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
          Blue Mystic (7 gal)
          VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
          Coco Coir w/30% perlite
          Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            These are cool too have a few!

Nice set up! 6 plants that I'm trying to get biggest yield possible, figured might as well have room to expand if the kolazillas do happen!

Comment

Great idea!! Hope you send pictures of the hang
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Oh no worries tika you'll get pics...more than you guys wanna see I'm sure😄😄

Comment

Liking the frame and cover bud.

As I've gotta do something similar I was curious about the air flow:
                • Do you need to pull air in and out of the drying space or is a fan in the drying space to circulate the air that's inside enough?
                I know you mentioned cutting inlet and outlet holes at the top and bottom of the tent but if the fan is in the tent just recirculating the air inside then will there be any positive or negative air pressure to push/pull in new fresh air?

The reason I ask is it would be great if recirculating the air inside the tent using an internal fan was all that is needed as then we wouldn't have to worry about carbon scrubbing the air coming out of the tent as there wouldn't be any.

But if you need to create negative pressure by adding an outlet fan then I'd want to scrub that to avoid the smell. Click image for larger version

Name:	Dry Room Air Flow.jpg
Views:	2464
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	21502
                Dr. Emmett Brown: "Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it. "

Comment

I would think for the initial drying it would be better to have something like a negative pressure setup to get fresh air on the buds. I have a drying box that has a filtered intake with a pc fan exhaust and i usually do a 7-10 day "dry" that way and then jar them opening daily for fresh air for curing.

Comment

I like the drawings. The way I had it previously was with the fan near the bottom hole pulling air from outside the tent. I'd have my hand above the exhaust hole at the top and could feel the air being pushed out. Like your second drawing.

Comment

Adding a second fan at the top to help pull the air might not be a bad idea.

Comment

That's what I was thinking but rather than use a PC fan I was going to duct the dry tent outlet to my grow tent and just use the existing fans and scrubbers I have.

I've got fans that have more than enough grunt to draw the volume of air needed and the dry tent will be half the height of LuckyAcres so I'm not really adding much more load to the existing setup.

Comment

Lol i forgot to mention that my drying box is only 3ft tall and 2.5 wide...so a PC fan is all i need but yeah you would want a better fan.

Comment

Well I was thinking of using a PC fan and it would be enough but the dry tent will be right next to the grow tent so I figured I may as well daisy chain them and get the benefit of my carbon scrubber at the end of the chain.

I just don't know if daisy chaining the tents is a bad idea or not?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X