Can it be saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Can it be saved

First signs of powdery mildew on day 30! Seeking advice I've tried one solution with the baking soda dish soap and olive oil mixed with water, I'm inquiring about the milk one part milk 9 Parts water one part milk 9 Parts water? Or should I just go get safe grow mildew cure? Anyone please sugestisugg!?!?

hey nate, powdery mildew its a fungi that needs the right environment to grow, like many other fungis the spores are all around us in the air all the time, so as long as you provide the right conditions it will flourish, you shouldnt be thinking about getting some chemical to eradicate it, you should change your environment drastically, you have three main options in my opinion; first of all reduce humidity, increase temperature and increase air flow. so a combination of this three will result in no more PM forever, already existing pm will die and you can clean it up from the leaves with no additional issues (:

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
      Firsttimernate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for responding my problem is I can't leave them alone cuz I want to cure this so bad and quick as invested as I am... Making Solutions like baking soda oil and soap with water or milk and water... I keep seeing signs as they dry? I called the dispensary and spoke with someone in person and she said I should transplant while they're still in veg!? Have you heard about that safe gro mildew cure?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      never heard of that and i dont think a transplant will change anything, removing pm its easy with a moist rag but you need to start with a fan or something that will lower humidity

Man don't transplant, wash it off with a rag, and get your humidity down and more air blowing on them,
    Like we told you yesterday .it's not hard to get rid of.
    Plenty of ways to stop it. Read up on them, plenty of information on how to get rid of it. It's not hard either.
    I would do what Nebula says to do.
    She knows.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
      Firsttimernate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty, I've been doing so much research with mixed reviews and I just flip the switch from 24 hours Straight tonight for the first time to 12/12... I fear I should have veg. Longer but they've been in darkness almost 2 hours now.... Hopefully you'll see this in time if it's a big issue!

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, 123, your plants will double in size or get even larger, after you put them on 12-12.
      If you want them larger, then veg, them longer. I can't see your plants, but if you want them larger, veg them longer.

I'll put a pic up now so you don't think these past 2 hours of Darkness will do much harm? I just went with my gut I couldn't get a response quick enough after I shut them off thinking that was going to start the 12/12 after my month was up.... I'm about ready to throw in the towel man plus the powdery mildew... Like most of it's gone with the solution I spray but I feel like I should be mixing hydrogen peroxide and water to kill the fungus in the soil instead of feeding regular foxfarm nutrients next!?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everytime you grow a mj plant, you have got a chance ,they might herm, but I told you to read Nebulas advice, she knows what's going on better, than anyone on GWE.
      Read,read,and then read some more, your gonna get all kinds of different advice from folks on Gwe, but read what Nebula says,
      She has got hundreds of tutorials, that are easy to follow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X