Growing too Tall !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing too Tall !

hey everyone. I have this red Panamanian growing taller by the day ! She is now 4F & Half .So the top started to bend down and I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not so I put this bamabo splint.
    she is in a big closet so there is plenty of room so i figured I put the splint and let her grow taller and bigger?
    Any Better Ideas?

Thanks I really truly appreciate all of you

Super-cropping FTW!

Super cropping is easy, free, and surprisingly effective at getting your current grow room to produce bigger yields in the exact same setup. Find out exactly what to do right here!

Comment

• Reedseed
      Reedseed commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh this sounds good ! But she is 2 weeks into flowering mode

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the PERFECT time to supercrop!!!

I made a post about super-croppping, I'll copy it here

Send a picture of the whole plant. What kind of light do you have? How much room do you have to move the light?

Comment

Super-Cropping

The purpose of Supercropping is to bring colas that are too tall down. As a side benefit it produces a growth hormone response and the Colas fatten and grow. The best time to supercrop is during the third week of 12/12 lighting. However, I have had success supercropping much earlier and much later than that. Supercropping after “the stretch” can be done, but is different.

You can bring colas down as little as an inch or as much as 8-10 inches. What determines this is the distance between the supercrop and the tie down. When the plant recovers (within 12 hours) it will wrap around whatever tie down you put in place. The location of the tiedown will determine the new location of the cola.

Process:
      1. Select point for supercrop just above a node with promising growth tip(s)
      2. Select point for tie down and preset a soft tie to catch and restrain the cola
      3. Squeeze the supercrop point with the pad of your index finger and the pad of your thumb (do not use your nails)
      4. Seriously squeeze that point, from both directions, as hard as you can. You should feel the plant "Pop" and go soft. It will make you a little sick to your stomach to be hurting your plant by pinching her so hard. Pinch hard - From both sides. It should be soft and pliable when you are done
      5. Gently lower the cola onto the soft-tie support that you have pre-set. Wrap the soft tie around loosely so she is supported and also cannot escape (see pics)
      6. If there is a long span between supercrop and support/restraint, set a bracing soft-tie at the mid point (to hold the mid point up!) The plant will really try to curve to escape, often trusting the midpoint down and increasing the angle of the supercrop (see pic). It is best to brace against this.
      7. Remember:
        1. The plant will curl around the support so the distance between supercrop and support/restraint is what determines how much vertical you are taking off
        2. You can decide where the cola is going to grow. Where ever you set the support will become the new location of the cola

Comment

• Reedseed
        Reedseed commented
        Editing a comment
        Great info! But I don’t think I cant handle bending my plants just the thought of it really does make my stomach turn LOL .
        But great information and I,just started growing. I’m gonna have to buch up one of these days and start with LST first.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        That is entirely up to you, but I think LST is more dangerous than super-cropping!
        You can break plants with LST if you aren't careful. Supercropping is easy and pretty risk free! There is a mental hurdle to overcome, but it doesn't require skill or experience.
        Whatever you decide... Up to you!

She is under sufficient light and growing nicely despite the fact I do clearly have Spidemite issues , but I’m Working on it heheh. the room size 3FX7F 9f height
      cheers

Comment

Have you seen the spider mites? Could be a nutrient defeciency. Most likely calcium.

Comment

Yes I have seen them and boy I tell you Them suckers can camuflaje. If it is a calcium deficiency! Then what do you suggest ?

Comment

If you have seen the mites than most likely it is from them. Get rid of them fast. But if you dont add a nutrient blend that has calcium/magnesium it cant hurt to use it. Just get some cal/mag and add it into your regimine.

Comment

Campesino has a far better grasp on nutrients than me. Im sure he can suggest something for cal/mag.

Comment

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                Cal/Mag won't hurt in terms of nutrition, but it does affect EC/PPM quite a bit, so that should be adjusted for.

Ca can cause symptoms similar to spider mites, but if those are spider mites - and I agree they are - I'd focus 100% of my energy on them. I don't think CalMag is the problem.

Took the splint of . Looks like she doing good, I decided to just let her on her own! She hard to come by !! Maybe in the future when I’m more experienced I will try super cropping or LST Lol

Comment

• IslandColas
                IslandColas commented
                Editing a comment
                Spray some AVID on that girl once every 4 days for three applications and you should see those mites disappear.

In addition try keep them inside as much as possible and disinfect/clean the grow space. You’re right on the edge of a problem that could be much worse than a botched super cropping job😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X