first outdoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first outdoor grow

This is my first time growing outdoor.. unsure of strain but looks like and Indica of some kind... was given clones on the 10th of October 2016 they were about 4 inches tall but not very healthy looking... will be growing in the30 litre grow bags and canna Terra soil mix... I will also be using growzilla nutrients.... at this stage I have only feed.... the girls twice in the last 3 weeks other than thatthey have just had water

Comment

i have 2o years growing outside need to go organic plant in ground go ahead make as many plots as u can put hand fullfuldolomite lime hand full blood meal animal manure let sit for long tine get some welded wire to make low fence just high enough so u can step over to keep varmits out yhey like blood meal wire needs holes to be half inch wide 1 inlong cut to height and length connect ends put over plots if u can 2 foot deep put lime first blood meal then potting soil for aeration it can be old soilmanure I use cow micro nutes and blood meal every year in botton if u can not find grandule micro nutes use micro grow patio nutes for micro nutes at first u will grow bushes after soil get years of age u will grow trees get in ground as soon as possible in spring if have question post I get on site most every day my stalks at bottom or 3 inches or better that is a tree

Comment

• Koro1973
        Koro1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm just trying to keep this as simple as possible at the moment....just using liquid nutrients this time round...its spring here in nz at the mo...these are the stalks at the moment

• tree dawg
        tree dawg commented
        Editing a comment
        need to add bone meal when first building [lots plus rock dust

• tree dawg
        tree dawg commented
        Editing a comment
        need to add bone meal when first building [lots plus rock dust

The bigger one is one of the clones today...it is my control plant as all the rest have been planted out already... It has been feed twice in the last 3 weeks along with the others...10litres per plant with growzilla nutes and blood and bone

Comment

Comment

Comment

They look amazing! It's hard to imagine they were tiny clones a month and a half ago You have a green thumb! What is the climate like for growing in NZ?

Comment

• Koro1973
              Koro1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              Where I am its pretty good....temps range from about 20-30 degrees Celsius during summer ...with the occasional bit of rain...

• Koro1973
              Koro1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm still finding it hard to believe they are growing so well...just letting nature take its course and keeping it as simple as possible

I love NZ. I lived there for a year. Better tenny's imposible. If someone know how to grow big fat sticky skunky skunk are kiwis m8

Comment

Update on my girls

Comment

This taken yesterday...there are 11 in this particular area...

Comment

Wow! They look fantastic koro!

are you concerned about the paths you're making? I'm guessing you just keep moving them?

Comment

• Koro1973
                    Koro1973 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Always worried...lol...but where they are is pretty remote and access is by 4x4 ...and through locked gates....i will be moving them occassionally though..

Hi Koro1973. Your plants are gorgeous. Just keep doing what you're doing. Quite an undertaking for a first grow. Outstanding job so far. Must be fun humping water to all those plants. Those tall grasses and the bushes nearby seem to camouflage your plants really well. Thirty of them would be easily seen from the air though, especially with the trails you're making. I'm assuming law enforcement in NZ has access to airplanes, 4wd, and boltcutters just like ours do here in the US. You might want to check each plant carefully for bugs each time you visit. Have you thought about topping or FIMing them to encourage side growth? FIMing is fun. Thank you for posting video of your grow. Your part of NZ looks very much like where I live here in California. Good luck on your grow. Please be careful and safe.
                  The purpose of our lives is to be happy. Dalai Lama

Comment

• Koro1973
                    Koro1973 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank u...yeah there are only 11 in this particular area...and most up against bush etc....and yip...we do have helicopters lol...i will top them next time im out there...thanks for the Advice...greatly appreciated

Think about FIMing instead of topping. If nothing else it's very cool to see 3 or 4 nice colas sticking up out of the top of your plants. But I guess you're not really doing all this just to pass the time of day or to make pretty plants. Wish there was a way we could do a little horsetrading. I never smoked any NZ weed. Are there good NZ landrace strains?

Topping and FIMing are two plant training techniques that involve "pinching" or cutting off some of the top growth of your plant. These techniques are designed to give you a free way to achieve better plant shape (to make better use of the available light
                  The purpose of our lives is to be happy. Dalai Lama

Comment

Comment

Just got home after 12 days away...had a bit of rain while I was gone so decided to tie some.branches down in this one that I have at home....this is before

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X