Can it be saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Can it be saved

Hey all...i woke this morning,( two days shy of one month)... I was going to start flowering switching to 12/12 tomorrow... and noticed powder mildew spread on every single one of my six babies, I've been doing so much research and asking people all day trying to find the right thing to do here... whether it be making a solution of baking soda. vegetable oil, tad dish soap and water or just milk one part to 9 Parts water? I'm so invested I can't just give up.... please help!!!! Also read a lot about peroxide or vinegar?!

Hey 123, yes, it can be saved, and it looks like you caught it early, if that's what it is.
    First you need to lower the humidity, And have plenty of air movement blowing on your plants.
    There is a bunch of ways to get rid of it, stuff like Neem oil, or 1part milk, 9parts water, lots of different ways, read how Nebula does it.
    But try to take care of it quickly, or serious problems will happen.
    GoodLuck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
      Firsttimernate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok tyvm! How do I get a hold of nebula haze? Well where do I go to read her Forum about this!?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello 123, I don't know how to tag, like other people do.
      But all you got to do is Google, Grow weed Easy, White power mildew-old, and it will come up.
      I'm sure it's in some of her tutorials, it's not hard to get rid of, if you catch it soon, like you did. GoodLuck, with it.

Thank you for the Speedy response, I'm a first-timer obviously...lol, you really seem to know your stuff I've been running 24 hours straight since seed...do u kno when i should put the other bulb in my 600 watt HPS to start flowering... The bulb in it now is much larger but they said is for veg and the other is for? My nerves are on Screech after waking up this morning seeing seeing them ALL mildewed!!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 123, alot of people wait until they see flowers, before changing to HPS, that 600watt that you are using is about as good as it gets for growing MJ, that was a good decision buying that 600watt light.
      Another thing, alot of growers will put the MetalHalide lamp back in the last week or so, before harvesting, they say it helps make the buds more dense-hard. And helps with trichs.
      GoodLuck mate.
      If you ever have any questions, just ask, plenty of nice people on GWE, that will be glad to try to help you.

Man I love this forum! I'm going to do that too! Dude I've tried everything from baking soda to Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar 2 hydrogen peroxide...all diluted the right way from what I researched, but for some reason I fear putting milk in

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Main thing is keep your humidity down, and have a good breeze blowing.

What I was asking about starting the flowering cycle was it if you think I'd be okay to start tomorrow .4 weeks exactly but my light bill...yeah! I'm just curious when the best time to flip the switch to 12/12 would be

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 123, you flip the switch when they are about half as tall as you want them at harvest.
      Sometimes they stretch even more than half the size they are now.
      I can't tell how large they are in your pictures, But sounds like you are close enough to flip the switch.
      Just remember, no light of any kind ,when they are on 12-12. Or you will have seeds, and even a little bit of light will mess them up.
      That's why I always tell, young growers, they might want to try autoflowers, instead.
      Super easy to grow,and you don't have to worry about light leaks, I leave the door of my tent, open most of the time.
      I think, you would love autos, next time.

Wow, can I use my head strap LED light if I need to go in? I am going to do the 12/12 during night because I don't have any ventilation set up (yet)... As long as that room doesn't exceed 75, I should be okay right love you and Got Frozen gallons of water, on standby! With fans wazoo... I know at some point even doing it at night I'm going to need a portable air conditioner?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you can use your head strap led, I think if it's a green color, you can use green,but I'm not positive.
      Best to not even bother them, when they are in the 12hours of dark.
      You will soon learn to take good care of them, like watering or feeding them ,in the 12hours of light.
      Your gonna do great, lol.

Well thank you for the confidence it is surely reassuring to hear now there's a few fan leaves that still have pm on them I know there's a proper way without using scissors I I dont want to make an environment for the spores to cling to...I donno! Could news problems almost solved though!

Comment

Nebula never got back to me about that milk but I want to try some in my soil! I got to pH that right?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can ph milk, if you want to, but everytime, I have done milk it was between 6.5-7.0ph.

Okay I'm going to do that now but I should probably wait first to where I just did a spray of the dish soap baking soda and olive oil with water.... It saysIt says I should leave the lights on to do this? Thank you for being so cool I'm going to take a picture of the very few spots I see now... I'm going to try to get the Farmington to get some safe grow mildew cure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X