Adding a UV light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a UV light

Recently purchased a 1000 watt ViparSpectra Full-Spectrum LED light to replace my 1000 watt HPS, partially based on the recommendation on this site. The lamp is phenomenal; I changed over about 10 days prior to flower cycle and the 6 Indicas are monstrous(3 ea of ‘Axilla’ and ‘Sour Bubba’ from Bank Genetics, CO). Been growing for a few years now and I’ve never had Indicas look like these, so dense, healthy and loaded with bud sites.
    Altho the lamp has 10 Infrared chips, it provides no UV light. I grow in soil in an enclosed (not a tent), highly reflective 4’x4’ area with the LED centered and approx 24” above my plants.
    How large a UV bulb would I need to add some UV light to my setup? More than one? Placement of the bulb? Can I bounce the UV off a reflective wall effectively?
    How do I do this?

Odd you’re light doesn’t have even a single UV chip:/ well I liked the post to see if anyone else had an answer. I’ve never had experience adding UV specific lighting to a grow space. I use 1000w hps. Tried and true.
    Perpetual harvest
    Sealed Room
    Full hydro
    Ebb and Flow
    Hydroton Media
    600w HPS
    GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

LED has very poor efficiency for UV. Also UV should not be used until the very end of flowering, as UV has been shown to reduce photosynthetic efficiency. I write a little about IR and UV in my article on comparing grow lights.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X