Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size pots to use in a 4x4 tent???

Hi there,

I will be using a 4x4 (1.2m x 1.2m) tent looking to do 4 plants at a time...

I will start in a party cup.. but dont know what size to move up tooo..

preferably in litres...

I use 3 gal. plastic pots. I started of with 4 plants in a 4x4 tent with a 1000w HPS light. Found out that I was wasting light. It is just as easy to grow 6 plants with the same amount of light. It's a little more of a pain in the ass to water, but it is worth the trouble.

Comment

It depends on Medium

If your Medium is Coco - it depends on your ability to fertigate frequently.

Tell us more about your plans!

Comment

I just got a package of 5 fabric pots from Ebay for $11.00. Had them within 5 days, free shipping!

Comment

Looking to grow in soil. Photoperiod for now.

I was thinking;

Party Cup

maybe a 5 litre

end in a 20litre/25lite smart pot

dont really want to transplant more than twice.
          Last edited by iGrow420710; 06-09-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• iGrow420710
            iGrow420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            10L seems a bit too much to me.. maybe 7.5L and then 20L ... leaning more towards a 20L than 25L

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I'd lean the other way in soil, but up to you... 7.5 then 20 should be fine.
            I'd do 10 and then 30!

• iGrow420710
            iGrow420710 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ive rang a few hydroponics stores.. They are saying 17L would be big enough so i am thinking to go for party cup -> 5-7L -> 17L

I went party cup 2 gal to 5 gal fabric in my last grown 4x4 with a 600w HPS seemed about perfect to me tent was full. Yielded about a lb.
          48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Here’s a pic of my tent 4 plants manifolded 5 gallon fabric 4c4
          48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• IslandColas
            IslandColas commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve got an air cooled tube reflector. It’s compatible with both bulbs but I have yet to run it through a cycle. I’m definitely worried about heat. If you’re able to pull a pound with a 600w than maybe I won’t even need a 1000w

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am guessing your gram/watt would decrease with the 1000 watt, also if you’re going to be doing manifolds is grow from seed it’s much easier than from clones. And I think it’ll show in your yield.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice even canopy you have there.

@Locrian99

My whole goal was to cut the seedling and germination time out. I planned on having 1, maybe 2 mothers (different strains if 2). Then just veg rooted clones for a week or two before throwing them into the flower tent. Am I naive for thinking like that? Please explain if so. I love to gain further understanding.

Aloha!!
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, Locrian99 and I are of one mind with regard to plant training.
            The other advantage of clones is $, if you are keeping a mother, it may be cheaper than buying seeds. But in my opinion, there are better ways to save money!
            Locrian99 haven't seen you on my journal in a while - come say hi to my girls!

• IslandColas
            IslandColas commented
            Editing a comment
            I do agree with you guys and believe seed is a lot more fun as well. Campesino you’re correct about money. It’s the only real advantage other than a few days cut off each harvest. With two tents even at 4 plants a tent it’s close to 80 bucks a month in seeds alone (if you’re growing premium strains which I plan to be). I have a lot of friends that grow and I feel like if I put the time into it, and grow really fire mothers, I’ll be able to hook up friends with quality clones and instead of spending 80$ a month I could make that back monthly and have free, solid, stalk to choose from when growing my own.

All dandy right!? I live in a la la land

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you are pretty dramatically over-estimating the cost of seeds! If you buy in any kind of volume, even top self are cheaper than that. Can't be buying one at a time though. You also end up with loads of freebies, I mean it really ends up cheaper than you're thinking.

In hydro it is possible that clones save a little time, but I am skeptical. In Coco, my clones absolutely take longer than my seeds. I have started twice with really good clones from a dispensary. So I am not even thinking about the time it takes to get them rooted. I start with rooted 8" healthy clones - and starting with a seed is faster. They cannot keep up or compete with seedlings... it's not even close.

I use 7 gallon air pots. The plants love it.

Comment

Wow thread got good there I was enjoying the comments... 4 plants 7gallon air/fabric pots plenty to fill up a 4x4.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol well my mind sometimes works that way. All jumbled so I didnt even notice we changed topics.

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the topics were all related!
              All set-up, # of plants, length of veg, training, etc. There wasn't much specific to size of pots, but it all relates

• IslandColas
              IslandColas commented
              Editing a comment
              We’re all a bunch of stoners who get off track often😂

The more I read the btter

Comment

decided to go for party cups to 5-7litre (thinking 5.7L) plastic pot then to 17L smart pot

Comment

I have been using 7 gallon air pots for all my plants. But I think next grow my larger photo plants are going into bigger pots. Havent decided on size yet but some of my plants just got so big this time that 7 gallons just doesnt seem big enough. That was vegging the plants for 8 weeks though.

Comment

Oh and i just looked it up. 7 gallons is 26.4 liters if i did my math correctly. So you would be using close to what we are calling a 5 gallon pot. If growing autos, or smaller photos, that is probably fine. Alot here use 5 gallon pots. And many even use 3 gallon. I just like my plants a bit bigger than most. Just takes longer from start to harvest with a larger plant but i think it helps yields even in the long run.

Comment

I'm just cutting down my last plant. 13 oz dry .. 10 gal fabric pot filled a 1x1x2m tent
                    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                    4gal fabric pots..
                    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
                    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X