Oh lordy, hold me - I put two of my plants outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh lordy, hold me - I put two of my plants outside

I know it's probably not a big deal - but because my fancy schmancy grow cabinet doesn't do well with as many plants as I had been attempting to grow in it - I moved two month old vegging plants outside last night. I've never done any growing outside. I have traditionally managed to kill off things I try to grow outside. But I was never invested in tomatoes and flowers the way I am with weed, lol.

Anyway, the spot I put them in should be sheltered from high wind (it's a thing here in NM, we have windy season, where we get gusts 50mph or more all day long for at least a month) and they should get full sun for at least 5 hours and partial sun the rest of the time. Temps are.... hovering in the 100's or so, so I'm hoping this is ok.

Guess we'll find out when I go home at lunch to check them out. I watered them real well this morning just in case but I'm nervous. I'm planning to repot them this weekend into bigger pots as well, since I suspect they'll get bigger than the ones in my cabinet ever get.

Ugh. So nervous.

100s in the shade lol? Partial sun will probably slow growth a little with that heat though I see why you would do that. Probably going to need a little more tlc then your cabinet. But good luck. 😃.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• SamHeinous
      SamHeinous commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly yes. But, I'm trying to tell my self that people grow weed outdoors here ALL THE TIME and their plants are fine. Not sure if I believe it yet, but I have hopes.

Cannabis evolved before grow cabinets. they will do just fine. however be sure to acclimate them to that bright star that certainly outshines most grow lights.

Comment

• SamHeinous
      SamHeinous commented
      Editing a comment
      True true. That is my sincere hope. The sun here is just blistering all summer long. I think they'll be ok, I may have to water them a little more frequently than they require in the cabinet I figure.

Relax and don’t worry, I know how u feel, the first time I went outside I was scared too. As long as prying eyes can’t see or smell them u should b 👍 OK 😎

Comment

I am in southern Colorado in the high desert, and my plants are doing just fine. The high temperature today is supposed to climb to 101 degrees. Of course when the wind gusts do come up I move them to the barn, and let them luxuriate under my T 5s. At this stage my plants have evolved wheels with a little help from me. I will probably only veg them outdoors as I plan to breed two of them for some rare and scarce seeds. So into the barn under the HPS for flowering. I have a separate room for breeding so I will not pollinate my smokems. I am sure we share the same climate and growing conditions.
      Last edited by starramus; 06-14-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Just an update - they seem to be doing just fine. I'm having to get used to watching the weather though - we were expecting a torrential downpour and hail last night so I was thinking I'd have to bring them inside. It never materialized though. They're growing like... well... weeds.

Comment

In your conditions Id probably go with a much larger pot than you use inside. But otherwise outside ive found they love the heat.

Comment

• SamHeinous
            SamHeinous commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I'm repotting them into 10 gallon pots this weekend!

Keeping the roots cool will allow the rest of the plant to thrive in extreme heat and sunshine. I have dug holes to put my potted plants into to keep the roots cooler, while remaining in their pot and portable. White towels around the pot and covering the soil, providing shade.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• SamHeinous
            SamHeinous commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a really good idea! I will do that!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X