My cannabis plant is curling down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! My cannabis plant is curling down

My cannabis plant is 5 weeks old in vegtating .. am using putting mix of peat moss and perlite only and using about 12 lamp cfl with total lumens 30.000 white light and i am using a local nutriens but have a npk numbers like flora trio so i am using it with flora trio sceadule my question is what is happen to my plant it was so good and this happen after i flush it its curling down and the tips are burrning is this a nitrogen toxicity or over watering or what ? I know that maybe i have a calmag defency and phsphour too but the problem is that my soil ph dont want to go under 7 i tryed to put ph water with ph 4.5 and still got the soil ph over 7 what to do ? And from the pictures that i upload what my plant looks like ... i am using 3 pot gallon

I'll bet you're using one of thoe two-pronged probes for a pH meter too. That thing is shit. I have one and I dont use it for anything but soil moisture anymore. The GWE main page has recommendations for GOOD pH meters. Don't add anything to your water anymore until you have an accurate pH meter.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

• Alien3000
      Alien3000 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much about that i have a ph pen tester the yellow one i will test the runoffP
      Last edited by Alien3000; 06-07-2018, 09:19 PM.

That looks like a little bit of "clawing," which is a sign of too much nitrogen. No need to flush, just back off on the feeding, especially the N.

Peat moss is very acidic. You'd be better off (well washed!) coco coir and perlite.

As BillBates said, a good pH meter is good to have. Buy a bottle of pH 7.0 calibration fluid and keep the tip wet.

Comment

You are not accurately measuring "soil pH". In order to accurately measure soil pH you need to do a slurry test. The two prong triple meters are a joke as BillBates suggests.

Fortunately, you do not need to be concerned with soil pH! Only the pH of the nutrient solution. You have set the pH of the nutrient solution dangerously low, which is causing problems. So throw away the triple meter, forget everything it ever told you! And start giving your girl the correct inflow pH.

Comment

Overall good looking plant. For soil and amended Coco no lower than 5.5 and no higher than 6.5. consistent pH of what's going in is crucial.

Nutrient type also affect pH. Organic nutrients have a tendency to lower pH where as chelated salt nutrients have a tendency to raise pH.

Oxygen also will affect pH. Aereating your water with airstones for at least 24 hours prior to feeding or watering will stabilize the pH usually around 6.0-6.5. It's a smart choice especially if using R/O or tap water. If you choose to do this I suggest using a wetting agent like SM-90 or, Hudrogaurd. 2-2.5ml per gallon does the trick.
        Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
        5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
        If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Hey alien3000, your plants don't look that bad to me, I'd do like the Dr. said and cut back on the feed a little bit if they were mine.
          And on your next grow, if you want to solve that problem , throw you a handful of dolomite -lime. For ever gallon of soil in your pot, a little early before you plant, you want have soil ph, problems then.
          Thats why, lots of seedlings are so slow growing, is the soil ph, is out of whack.
          I think your plants, are gonna do nicely.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Agree with everything said here. Good looking plant. A little lethargic, for now, but I'm confident that you'll get her squared away.
            If the sun always shone
            -- Confucius

Comment

Thanks alll so much about answering me but is this plant is female or still cant know now ? And what about the pruple stems should i give call mag with next watering ?
              Last edited by Alien3000; 06-07-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Go to GWE main page for instructions on telling the difference between male & female. It's very easy with the pictures.
                If the sun always shone
                -- Confucius

Comment

• POKEDSMOT
                  POKEDSMOT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Click on the link at the end of my signature.

Signature?
                If the sun always shone
                -- Confucius

Comment

• POKEDSMOT
                  POKEDSMOT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oopsie. Is that new?

• BillBates
                  BillBates commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I got it....cool, thanks

• POKEDSMOT
                  POKEDSMOT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I blame MK Ultra

the plants look good i would be a little concerned about the pot size they seem a little small for the plant that is only going to get bigger
                could be part of the issues your are having imho
                4'x 6' x 8' room
                2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                sunshine mix #4
                mega crop nutes
                current grow
                cd-1
                jack herer
                afghan kush
                green doctor

Comment

• Campesino
                  Campesino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed, it is time to transplant!
                  And I would seriously consider altering the mix of the medium

• Alien3000
                  Alien3000 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its 3 gallon pot should i transplanet it ?? It will be easy to do it with 3 gal pot ?

• Campesino
                  Campesino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, it is perfect to transplant like this.
                  The roots have developed and largely filled the area in the 3 gallons already. Giving them additional space will encourage the plant to keep growing.
                  If you are going to stay in Peat/Perlite be sure there is a whole lot of perlite!
                  The other reason you want to transplant is so that you can use fabric pots. Drainage is going to be an issue with peat and you want to do whatever you can to improve it. Fabric pots will really help.
                  I'd go to 5 or 7 gallon fabric pots.
                  Cheers

It wouldn't be a bad idea to defoliate. Light can't penetrate to the internodes.

Comment

There is no coco coir in my country ahould u use peatmoss with 50 % perlite or should i put sand with that mix or what i can do ans by the way i take off some of fan leaves on the buttom

Comment

Originally posted by Alien3000 View Post
                  There is no coco coir in my country ahould u use peatmoss with 50 % perlite or should i put sand with that mix or what i can do ans by the way i take off some of fan leaves on the buttom
                  Peat moss is awfully acidic. Garden center potting soil with 20% or so perlite will do fine. Buy the good soil, not the $1.99 a bag crap, and make sure it doesn't have any built-in fertilizer granules.

And while your at the garden center, take a look for coco coir! Mine has bags of the stuff now. And you can always order bricks of coco from Amazon (but wash it very very thoroughly!)

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you use bricks of coco, "Washing" or rinsing is important... Buffering is even more important!

I will use only peatmoss and perlite like the dr said i cant find coco now ans i sont have a money to order it from amazon i will use coco next grow but now should i wash the peatmoss before mix it with perlite and another thing you are all a good people and this site are amazin thanks so much for helping me guys

Comment

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Alien3000 I am sure you are good people too

No, you don't need to wash Peat.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X