Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hermes Plant? I see hermes everywhere....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Hermes Plant? I see hermes everywhere....

I bought this clone from a dispensary and it seems to be going fine...but then I see these sacs. It's only one sac at a time. Not a bunch... The buds look fine. I live in a rural area and am surrounded by growers. It's an outdoor soil grow, so the possibility of pollination is high. Is this a hermes? Thanks. ~ John

From the pics provided just looks like swollen calyx. Maybe someone else will chime in but think your good.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Howdy Johnetec, I would agree with Chefbiy that they are swollen calyces. since it is outdoors, it is possible that there might be some pollination, but the plant looks to be female and doing well.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hello John, I agree with the rest, looks female to me too, but I tell you what it's sure getting harder to tell now,
        if I remember right King Kush, had some looked like that, that even had pistils coming out of them, and then a few days later ,pollen came out of them.
        I might be wrong on that, lol
        I'm thinking it's kinda like a certain bunch of people, down this way, where we live. Too much inbreeding going on, just kidding.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I had calyx that looked like that too. No pollen from them but they got nanners anyway. I remember KingKush getting that pollen though. Man the toils of bagseed. Hope you got some good genetics Johnetec.

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it a good thing to be known for growing hermies? Haha
          Seems like the 'ballsacks' that have a stem, or some sort of outward growth appendage, end up the worst.
          Calyxes attatched at their base, without any sort of stem, make pistils usually, and are not as bad.
          At harvest, some of those calyxes end up spitting out some sort of banana/nanners, but the pollen never seems to be viable. Some open up with pure pollen dust inside, even touching the buds, but no seeds arise from those.

Those calyxes/sacks that have a 'stem' are the ones that cause nightmares.

Took a pic yesterday of my headaches.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2906.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	210903

This will will cause issues.

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Man I ran into that too, thought I got em all off early enough and left the ones that weren't on stems...still got a plethora of nanners and had to harvest early.

Thank yo all so much for your responses.. I'm so paranoid now. I just lost a crop to pollen and was really worried. I have soooo much to learn.

Comment

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          It helps to lollipop aggressively and leave NOTHING down low. Literally, lollipop the plant and pick off every growth off the stems right up to the main cola. This helps!

KingKush... Even with an outdoor grow?... I'd only defoliated my indoor stuff. Just reading about it now. Wow and duh. TY.. on it.

Comment

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know about outdoor, but I would do the same if I was worried about spreading pollen. My hermaphrodite plants only seem to make pollen sacs low to midway up on the plant. Just one growers observations.
          Cheers

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X