Is 600w hps to much for small space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 600w hps to much for small space

Only my second grow and struggling with heat management. A friend says a 250w would be more than adequate for a small grow of 2 plants max in a small grow room.
    Currently been using 600w using MH bulb for veg and HPS for flowering.
    On week 7 off this grow and both plants doing good but just the heat in room gets extreme

How small? And what size exaust fan? Lol

Comment

Either add ax vent in from a colder room or get a 600 watt dimmable light and dim it to 400 either of those will solve ur issue

Comment

I use a 600w in a 4x4 tent . I do have a heat issue if I don’t open the tent up and let it vent while the light is on .
        DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

315 LEC is perfect for a 3 x 3 tent, probably a 2x2 as well. 600 watts would be too much for these spaces from what I've heard and read. with a 315 LEC you will get better results than a 400 Watt.

some folks like LED for these small tents and I can see the benefit in the summer if they run cooler. I like the penetration on the LEC and it runs only 10 degrees F hotter than room temp. in weather hotter than 80F you will need additional venting or at least a source of fresh, cooler air to pull through.
          I'm only on y 2nd grow with this setup but my buds are dense and numerous
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Temps outside the range of 75-86 will not harm your plant as long as they are not extreme swings . The only real effect is that it will slow the growth as your plant as it will put more energy into heating and cooling itself instead of growth. So getting to those temps of 89 and even into the 90s will be fine . It will just slightly slow the growth. I have a chart that shows this very well and when I find it I’ll post it in this thread .

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment

Great read here taught me something lol.

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            The link chef posted is a graph of the effects of higher and lower temps that I was talking about . Thank you for posting that chef and this is basically the same thing I had read and was talking about . I read on another site but same information about temp effects on photosynthesis . Once I solved this problem in my own grow my plants doubled in size. It’s ideal to dial in this optimal temp but the effect of straying from it will only slow you growth not harm your plant is all I was saying .

Originally posted by Potted View Post
          How small? And what size exaust fan? Lol
          Room is 3 x 4 x 6. 4" exhaust fan and drawing cooler air from underneath. To be fair the weather been very warm for this time of year which isn't helping the heat but so long as I open the room door while light is on its manageable it's mainly an issue if I'm not home to open the door

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey 420, nice plants, I hope you get your problem fixed.
            But as for lights, it's hard to beat a 600watt hps, kinda like the gold standard, of mj, growing. They do the job, nicely, a little heat, though, but dense nugs. Lol.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            What are your high temps? I'm with DAAS hard to beat that light.

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            U dident mention if u have a exaust fan taking hot air out at the top? Into a different room perhaps? I vent with a 6” exhaust fan to attic space where the attic fan pulls it outside 3 floors up, never smell a thing. 😎 outside.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X