Hello and Showing Off the Ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and Showing Off the Ladies

Hello everyone! I've been following GWE for the last few months after a little orphaned plant ended up in my care. Thanks to the practical knowledge I learned here that little girl is filling out and looking much better than I expected considering the hard start she had.

I use medicinally to help with pain, nausea, and lack of appetite due to a chronic medical condition. About 10 years ago I first thought about growing for myself. I went so far as to buy a few supplies and draw up plans for a stealth cab grow. But my kids were teens at the time and with so many kids coming and going wisdom won out.

I hadn't thought about it in years until last December when my daughter planted a bag seed she found. When it popped she put it in Miracle-Gro (UGH!) and in her closet under a cheap 40 watt LED grow light she bought on Amazon. And there it sat for 4 months, vegging away. I think she just liked having a plant in her closet.

2 months ago she moved into her own place. She left her plant behind. I was thought I would cut it down and get rid of it, but my curiosity got to me and I decided to put it on a 12/12 schedule for a couple of weeks, just to see what would happen. Along with the schedule change I started to pull her out of the closet in the morning and putting her into a nice secure, warm room where she could be in direct sunlight. Probably because she had been held vegging for about 4 months she responded fast. It was so fun watching the stretch and early pistils that when my tax return came back in a little chunk of it went to for a decent grow light, tent, ventilation, and other sundries.

Despite her rough beginnings (Miserable-Gro!) she’s looking pretty good, at least to my eye. She gave me a scare last week when some leaves started showing yellow veins and it was spreading fast. Enki had the same issue and posted about it last week. After reading the thread I decided to flush her thoroughly last Thursday. It seems to have worked. The rapid spread of yellowing stopped and she seems to be doing well again. Sorry yours had to be harvested early, Enki but I’m grateful you posted the question. I don't know what kind of harvest to expect, but I've treated her as a learning experience and she has definitely delivered on that.

She’s just finishing up week 6 since the flip. She looks to lean a bit to Sativa so I’m not expecting to harvest for a few more weeks. Pics are below, anyone hazard a guess?

Finally… Grow #2 started a little more organized. Starting with bag seed again I’ve been growing in coco following Nebula’s guide and Campesino ’s EC technique. I can’t believe the vigorous growth they’re showing despite the fact there environment isn’t perfect yet. I’m using a 18”X24”X48” indoor greenhouse wrapped in black plastic as a grow tent. I’m still a couple of weeks away from getting a dedicated veg tent. They’re on week 6 and overdue for a haircut. I’ve been waiting a bit longer because I wanted to slow them down a bit and I wanted to try my hand at cloning the tips.

Anyway, got a little long winded there. Thanks to everyone I’ve been learning from and look forward to contributing myself as I learn.

Grow #1 - 1 mystery bag seed girl, Miracle Gro soil 😠, 32x32x65 economy tent, 450 watt Viparspectra reflector series light, 4” fan and scrubber. Planted in late December. 7th week of blooming.

Grow #2 - 5 mystery bag seeds plants, 60/40 coco/perlite, 18x24x48 indoor greenhouse wrapped in black plastic, 300 watt Viparspectra LED. I’m learning...

Beautiful plants Robear

Really nice Colas for your first plant! You SHOULD be proud

With that track record I have every confidence that your new girls in Coco will blow your socks off!
    I'll be here if you have any questions

Comment

• Robear
      Robear commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Campesino. I've been constantly amazed by the resilience and adaptability these plants have. It's fun!

I'm sure I'll have questions and I'll try not to be a bother.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X