Curing bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing bud

After the drying process has finished and you place your bud in jars to cure can it be smoked before curing? What exactly is the curing process and what does it do. I’m hoping to be able to smoke decent bud about 2 weeks after harvest. What would be the best drying and curing method or just slightly cured for that time period? And seeing as the jars have to be opened every now and then during curing to stop moulding, what do people that grow to sell and don’t cure do because wouldn’t the bud that they shift get mouldy straight away? Very confused about the whole drying and curing subject, would appreciate any input down below

Read this and if you have more questions ask away.

This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!

Comment

The short answer is - you can smoke your nugget as soon as it's smokable lol.

After 5-7 days from chop it's ready to go! It CAN improve some aspects like taste and smoothness but I smoke my nugs from day 3 to day 30 and it's all the same, really. I don't follow the folklore either about the cure, but some people swear by it.

If it burns, it's ready to smoke. A "proper" cure may help, but just marginal, great nugget is gonna be great nugget.

Comment

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agreed: the cure mellows all the plant material, but doesn't do a thing to the trichomes.

• rizcuny
        rizcuny commented
        Editing a comment
        I like this answer a lot

Nebula Haze sez-
      "Try smoking buds directly off the plant vs smoking those same buds after they’ve been dried/cured. The best way to understand the difference is to try it for yourself! 😉"

Personally, I start smoking as soon as 3 or 4 days after harvest but I definitely notice a profound difference in aroma & taste during & after curing.
      If the sun always shone
      How soon the tree would wither
      -- Confucius

Comment

Buds are best smoked with a hint of moisture still present, it’s like when u break a bud and it just has a certain slow snap to it. U just know,and the smoothness and mellowness of the smoke “no coughing “ is present along with the high 😁 I’ve smoked some raw shit and hacked my brains out too. If given a choice I prefer to cure just like a fine cigar, anyway that’s my opinion 😎

Comment

Well cured smoke is much nicer to smoke in my opinion. Better taste, very smooth, and just more enjoyable. But if you dont mind or like the flavor or a harsher smoke go for it.

Some people like Coke some people like Pepsi. Neither is right or wrong.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            But not all bud that hasn't been cured is harsh. I've vaped quite a bit of bud during early cure without harshness.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the firefly 2 dry vap system and i have yet to have any bud come out harsh with it. But i use it when i want to just enjoy the pure flavor of the bud. I like my pipes though. And i can tell a difference. But to be honest that difference is USUALLY that the smoke i grow is much better than what others have.

I usually try to wait 14 days or so at least. But i still prefer a longer aged bud. I have had 1 plant, Nitro Lemon Haze, that gets a better high after waiting longer (it is one of my favorites,) but other than that 1 plant i cant tell any difference in the high from a 14 day cure vs a 2 month cure. I just think it tastes better and less coughing.

Surely we can all agree that the aroma gets stronger with a good cure.

So with my few plants of auto northern lights if I smoke after let’s say a week of drying, and I store all the rest until smoked over the following weeks/months then won’t that unsmoked bud be curing then if I just open the jar occasionally ?

Comment

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            Yepper!

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep any tiny popcorn bud and some of the frostiest suger leaves to the side when you trim and you can smoke that about 2 days after cutting them down. If your in a hurry. And yes you can smoke suger leaves. When i was young half your bag was shake. Ie suger leaves.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X