Need help Leaves are curling!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help Leaves are curling!!!!

Firstly: So about 4 days ago i saw two bottom leaves are curling upwards on only the one plant... i searched the site and found it looks similar to heat exhaustion and root problems...
    But i have two 15w led lights about 3-4 inches away and if i put my hand right in front of the lights i can hardly feel any heat so im thinking it may be a root issue?
    I also read that the plant should be moved to a bigger pot when the size of the plant is about the same size as the pot or holder its in.... ? what can i do or change ? Should i plant it in a bigger pot already? they both are 17 days after germination.

Secondly: I germinated the last of my seeds and planted the only one that grew a tail, it was about 15mm long when i planted it just below the surface with root down wards and after 2 days it popped out but has not stretched at all out of the soil..... is this bad ? the lights cant be too close as the other plants are under the same light... any ideas if its ok like it is or will it still streatch a bit?

Thirdly: Do they both look like they can be female?

Chris, hi and welcome back, it looks to me that the little one is just stretching it’s roots no cause for alarm. As for the others looks to b overwatered and yes a transplant to better soil ( no mulch) on top and a bigger pot with good drainage at least 3 gallons or more would do them a world of good. 😎

Comment

ok thanks for the feed back i was just wondering about the small one and ill move the tow into bigger pots tomorrow. there is a pic off the soil im using its got good drainage and airy and organic so it cant be too bad? I cant get the products that are mentioned on the fourms as im in SA and dont have the same brands as there..i also got a fertilizer but im unsure as to use it later on as it just states to throw it around plants and on grass? but i got some vermiculite to add to the soil to help a bit when i move them into the bigger pots tomorrow...

Comment

i agree, they need a transplant and some time, still babies

Comment

Hi christhenoobie, potted and 9fingerleafs pretty well gave you a good direction to go with if you have a problem finding soils like I do you could try promix hp and promix organic mixed 50/50 with extra vermiculite will give you a fighting chance because plants needs change and so will the problems.the plants are looking good don't give up.

Comment

Alright thanks alot i found a place online in SA that has that mix. I will change pots and soil and check in in a few weeks again! thanks again for the help guys!!!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X