Plant Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Troubles

I got a free plant from a friend who was moving and decided he didn't want it anymore but I had never grown one. He also mentioned that its like 3 to 4 months old. I looked online I saw that some CFL's would work for light as a cheap substitute and I got it 4 CLF's of 100 watts each. I've had it for about 1 week and it seems to have grown a bit but it looks like its going down hill and I don't really know about growing but I have had it in a warm area that varies from 60 to 70 degrees, its indoor, I try to keep the area ventilated and it seems to have the roots coming out of the bottom of the pot so I was hoping I could transplant it in another pot with new soil. I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to improve it?
    Attached Files

Sorry - but it doesn't look like it could be salvaged - could even be male?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

At least 5 gal. pot with fresh soil asap.
      If the sun always shone
      How soon the tree would wither
      -- Confucius

Comment

I disagree that it doesn't look salvageable but I agree that it could very well be a male.
        If the sun always shone
        How soon the tree would wither
        -- Confucius

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Deadhead91 would agree it's salvageable. But if it is male I wouldn't salvage it.

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s salvageable but being so old it will most likely be a male or if your lucky a Hermie, and with it being so small I think it’s a ruderalis or possibly hemp, you would need to do a lot to revive it. First transplant it asap get some good microbes with a slight heavy feed in with the first watering even a super light foliar feed just to get the plant revitalized and going then from there watch the new growth and once the first set of new growth has sprouted I would take off everything old and dying. Try transplanting to a 7gal pot just since it’s root bound so it has a lot of room to grow out and make sure you get some fabric pots so it doesn’t become rootbound again, I would recommend if your going to continue to grow make this your practice plant like I did with my first grow, bugs and root rot page if you want to check it out, practice training the plant compare old growth bend ability with new growth and try led lights it’s a lot easier for new growers

• Deadhead91
          Deadhead91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Check out my Golden Strawberry grow journal too looks similar to what I got a few months ago that was a clone

I agree, if your going to grow weed get some good seeds that you’re sure are female and do it right. As for this plant 👎 better luck next time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X