Perpetual dehumidification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perpetual dehumidification

So yesterday as I was feeding & working on grow journals, my stepson comes into the basement bearing my next/early Christmas gift .... a shiny, new dehumidifier! Set up immediately to find 80% rh. It worked all day & after 3 emptyings rh was down to 62% at bedtime. I have it set to 45% which, with just the one unit I don't think is achievable. So, my question: will the difference between 80 & 62 be appreciated by my flowering plants or am I just using up electricity uselessly?
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

You are definitely not wasting electricity. Keep it going.

Comment

Lower humidity in flower will help prevent some problems, even if you don't get to an optimum level.

Comment

Cannabis grows outdoors in 6 out of 7 continents, east coast to west coast, in sun, fog, and rain. From the tops of mountains to the bottom of swamps.
        Its a weed that grows anywhere...
        My relative humidity levels are 100% all night long and even into the day sometimes, flowers are still flowers.

-bud rot can occur in late flower when you get big giant nugs, this is when I would want confidence in my grow environment. Lowering the humidity would help prevent bud rot, which is brutal punishment.

Comment

I shoot for 55% rh but I have other things in my basement. I also hooked up a pump so I don't have to empty that darn thing twice a day.

Comment

I run a dehumidifier 24/7 in the cooler months and just night time in the hotter ones. A dehumidifier is essential in the flowering tent in my opinion and wards off many flowering probs plus you can re-use the water. I have mine set for 30% min and it usually works between 42-65 depending upon watering. Wouldn`t grow inside without one. Saying that though, you can still get bud rot but that would be from deep within coming out and even there, removing excess moisture helps restrict cross contamination. Good call having one, mate. All the best

Comment

Iv gone so far as to take my handheld leaf blower and dry off my buds so as not to get bud rot from to much moisture. ( outside )

Comment

Mine usually sits at 57%. Only plant ive ever had an issue with with Wonder Woman. But if you havent seen one in full bloom you need to. Biggest flowers ive ever seen.

Comment

• Smokesteve
                  Smokesteve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've got one of those beans in line for germination. Can't wait bro!

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They can produce the fattest buds youve ever seen

Good grief, and here's me over here with 15% humidity. I'm actually considering buying a humidifier for my cabinet lol. Maybe you can send some of your humidity to me, lmao!

Comment

• Smokesteve
                  Smokesteve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's freakishly low! Damn plants are like " can I get some water over here!"

• SamHeinous
                  SamHeinous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah it is freakishly low. New Mexico - super dry ALL. THE. TIME.

• BillBates
                  BillBates commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I went out & watered the outdoor girls. Took less than an hour. Came back in, wrung my clothes out & went about my indoor, humidless activities.

We are having very nice weather today. Barely hit 90. Highest humidity was 81%. Currently 83 degrees and 79% humidity. Inside 57% humidity. Basement 45% humidity and 69 degrees.

Comment

So my dehumidifier has been working overtime. Humidity now down to 56% in basement. 85% outside. Woo\○/Hoo!
                  If the sun always shone
                  -- Confucius

Comment

Flowering girls are digging it & drinking from the soil again. I love growing weed easy!
                    If the sun always shone
                    -- Confucius

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X