Brown spots and strange leaf growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown spots and strange leaf growth

Having problems yet again with my #3 girl she want give me a break. Did some research and the only 2 things I can see might be the culprit is either Boron Deficiency or possible Wind Burn but I really don't think wind burn is the problem since all 3 are together and others show absolutely no signs at all. I don't want to start adjusting pH till I speak with some of my Grow Fam... and get some feed back thanks folks.

(MEDIUM) Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio Half Strength Entire Grow less is more
    Clean Kelp Seaweed Extract 0.0.0.05 / 10 ml. For Flower
    Calimagic 1.0.0 / 5 ml. For Veg & Flower
    Every other feeding
    Have to add 5 ml. Of pH up when adding nutes, one of the additives drops pH to 5.0 the 5 ml. pH up brings back to 6.5 try to keep feedings at 6.5 every feeding.
    Always lift POTS to see how heavy they are and I never feed till they are really light do the finger test to but seems more thourgh lifting the POTS.
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 05-30-2018, 07:21 PM.

I had similar issue with mine when a was using half strength. I bomped it up to full strength and issue got fix. Shes an eater. Im growing 80% sativa though. Good luck.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      Might try 3/4 or full strength that's bout the only thing I haven't done yet. At half strength the ppm range is well under the preferred range. But the other 2 are great at half strength. So even though they are all the same strain could this one maybe require a higher dose than the other 2. Cause my thinking is since they are the same strain they all would need the same things?

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      And as I'm sure you know mi e are predominantly indaca

One thing that came to mind was if some Nutes got spilled on those leaves, and caused some light burn.I'm just throwing that one out there as a maybe, though.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

I don't think any nutes have spilled I use a 3/8 inch X3 ft. Clear hose in my feeding solution when watering by hand so nothing will get spilled and it's easier getting a more even watering on the whole bed. Haven't had any nutes burn on any of my girls and haven't been feeding to the ppm range cause with half strength and the ppm range for that well it seems to me if I fed them at the preferred range they would get nutes burn so I don't know. The other 2 are great with half strength and #3 is nice and healthy really perky on day after I feed her and everything only the leaf problem and the spots. I swear I just cannot figure it out and it's make I g me crazy.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, on the bright side, being crazy has kept me from going insane!

Trim, I'm thinking it's a calmag deficiency or your pH is wacky.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Trimmings426
        Trimmings426 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am currently using 5ml of calimagic with my nutes every other watering I was checking out the leaves again today really getting to the middle where it's thick and harder to see and found a few clawing leaves checked the GWE site plant problems and came to a conclusion that it could very well be wind burn. This problem comes with the same symptoms my leaves are showing I have now pointed my 12 inch oscillating fan a bit higher as so the leaves aren't as windy. But as I've stated before this has been an ongoing situation so I really don't know but if it's not fixed soon she want give a very good y eild at all. She's been sickly straight from seed, maybe I just got a bad seed a runt of you will?
        And thanks again for the feed back about the possible pH issue though the runoff stays arou d the 6.5 range plus did a soil pH test using Luster Leaf Soil pH test kit and it read 65 so think her pH is in good range.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X