Will my plant recover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my plant recover?

Hi I’m new at growing. I am growing in coco coir 70/30 perlite mix with a charge added in. I planted cbd crack auto flower and it started off excellent. But as time has gone on it’s starting to show burnt tips and the leaves are clawing under. The only nutes I use Is canna a and b along with cal mag. Also it’s grown under a led light. It’s 3 weeks in and starting to flower on top and it’s only about 6 inches tall. I flushed it yesterday hoping to correct whatever problem that has posed itself. The approximate grow time is about 75 days for this strain. The ph is 6.5. Any help or suggestions would be great.
    Attached Files

Hey Scooby1
    I am curious if your coco was buffered. I am also curious about your nute strength... Do you measure EC or PPM?
    What is your watering/fertigation strategy/practice?

I put together a guide for growing in Coco and you will find the link in my signature. I am happy to help with any questions.

Comment

When I got the coco perlite I didn’t realise it came with a charge already added in it. I tried a previous autoflower that failed miserably. It was baby boom. It seemed to affect the plant from the beginning. The leaves were burnt tipped and twisted and the growth was stunted. So I tried another auto flower cbd crack which started out brilliant then now has started doing a similar thing. It’s not as bad as that last one yet. I just want to get this problem sorted before it gets any worse. I try to keep the ph between 5.5-6.5. That’s all I do. Those other things you mentioned I wouldn’t know where to begin. What would you recommend?

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I recommend starting with my guide... I make a lot of recommendations there!

What kind of Coco? What brand? or maybe a picture of the label/bag

What nutrient recipe are you using?

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I suspect the problem is lack of buffering rather than "burn", but could be both. I need to know more about your coco

The name of the coco is tropic coco mix. 70/30 coco perlite with a charge added to it. I use canna coco a and b and cal mag as nutes. I always start off with less than the recommended dosage. I have ph up and down for the water.

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, That is a good mix and the "Charge" is nothing to worry about and has minimal impact on nutrition.
        Are you applying fertilizers with each irrigation? What percentage of the recommended dose are you using? How frequently are you irrigating? Do you put CalMag in all water? How much Cal MAg?

I only put in 2ml of canna a and 2 of b also 1ml of cal mag per litre of water. I usually only put about a litre of water in each time so as not to over water it. I didn’t want to over do it with the nutes because of the burn that you can get. I water about every 3 or 4 days or when it feels dry.

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, You are actually potentially burning them because you aren't fertigating often enough! If you put nutrient solution in the pots it has dissolved salts (nutrients) in it. Evaporation and transpiration will remove water and increase the saltiness of the water which causes burn.

Are you getting run-off with that amount and frequency? You can't possibly be! That will also lead to burn!

I cannot recommend my guide to you enough. I hope that you read it and I will be happy to answer follow up questions afterward. You can also check out my current grow

Here is a .pdf version. It is easier to read than the forum posts.

If you are worried about "Burn" be sure to read section 3 which starts on page 9

Campesinos Guide to Growing in Coco 1-3a.pdf

Comment

• Camk
        Camk commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the PDF Camp!!!!!

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Camk you're welcome!

Always happy to help if you have any questions about it

Thanks for the pdf. I’m reading through it. Hopefully it will help me turn this grow around.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X