Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!

First-time grower who on day 15 realized I was using the wrong soil I have all the foxfarm products but I got expert Gardener from Walmart so now obviously the pH is hard to keep atat 6.5... Definitely look like there have been multiple deficiencies among over-watering from what I've read on here ...any advice would be great! My ultimate question is can I switch to a soil that marijuana is made for?

What size containers are they in?

Can you post pics?

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
      Firsttimernate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm working on the pics! Ty so much 4 the help....

• Firsttimernate123
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for responding they are now in 1 gallon containers I've already transplanted once I know using the same soil but no option at the time as they would have been rootbound with the research I've done so they're still growing just major nutrient deficiencies probably among over-watering I got to let it set!

• Firsttimernate123
      Editing a comment
      I'm working on posting a pic I can't figure it out! I'd say they're in 1 quart pots transplanted up from the cup

Soil can have defecincies replaced with nutrients. The bad soils have slow release fertilizers.

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
      Editing a comment
      Exactly the problem I'm running into with the expert Gardener soil thank you for trying to help I'm working on posting pics up now

• Firsttimernate123
      Editing a comment
      Yes I agree. That's the problem I'm running into with expert gardener was the slow release nutrients I wish I just got the right soil I mean I spend hundreds getting everything else and I ended up using wrong soil I just want to know if it can be corrected with next transplant in regular cannabis oil

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      A little shouldn't hurt, so when you go up to larger containers just make sure all the new soil is appropriate.

The hot N soil should be a huge problem in Veg now and transfering only a quart of it to a 5 gallon or larger final should not be a problem.

And i cant say to many times i dont test soil ph. Just water ph. Others may not agree but never ever ever had an issue

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
      Editing a comment
      So you really don't think there's the whole need for a PPM slash EC reader? Or TDS w/e?!

• Firsttimernate123
      Editing a comment
      So you don't really think I need a PPM EC meter or TDS whichever one!?

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      A PPM/EC meter is needed if you want to fertigate optimally. It measures the saltiness of the water and prevents you from burning your plants. It will also reveal when the soil stops being so hot.
      A pH meter is used to test the pH of the nutrient solution, which must be adjusted to be within the appropriate range (6.0-7.0 in soil).

Those are two separate things and I recommend them both

Oh let me rephrase thats on inside grows. Not in the ground.

Comment

I transplanted on day 14 it's now day 16 showing many different signs I just want to transplant it into good soil the kind it should have been in from the beginning not expert Gardener from Walmart which was .05 nitrogen.03 phosphate and .06 soluble potash slowly dissolved is what's messing me up

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, tough call. If you feel confident with a "shake-off" transplant, then go for it. I would want to get rid of that soil too. But realize that this could severely injure the plants if you rip tap roots.
        A little bit of the Walmart soil is not going to kill them, so I wouldn't try anything too extreme to remove it during transplant.

Plants look really stretchy... Esp back middle. Some leaves look like may have issues, but pic quality is not great. Perhaps you could take another pic under normal light? What are the issues that the plants are having now?

Are you feeding them anything? Are you pH adjusting the water?

I've tried everything organically to bring the pH in the soil down whether it be citric juice from a lemon or Bragg's white vinegar I think maintaining that 6.5 range in the soil is impossible obviously, I know what you mean about the shark I'd have to keep the majority clump of roots together and put in different soil! I'll take another pic tomorrow when it's light out but in those sizes how often do you think I should be watering I do use nutrients with half tap water and half purified to try to get the ppm's around 800 for week 2...i mean I'm really trying to do it right

Comment

• Firsttimernate123
        Editing a comment
        I meant to say shock... With the transplant

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        You keep talking about the pH of the soil - You need to be concerned about the pH of the WATER that you are adding. Do you measure and adjust pH of the WATER?

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have a pH kit like this? http://a.co/b2fDWe5

Yes ph your water. Not the soil

Comment

What lights are you using?

Comment

I am guessing it's not very accurate but I used the 3-way meter for soil that test pH light and moisture . I can get it right to the 6.0 to 6.5 range with nutrients showing on that but I'm guessing I should get something a little better probably I've seen so many pictures posted of people that used expert Gardener and what their end results look like man....there ALL BAD! OKAY I'M DONE PH'ING THE SOIL! DAY 15 I'LL TRY AND KEEP IT BETWEEN 6-6.5 I WANT TO BE THE FIRST PERSON TO USE THE WRONG SOIL AND GET GOOD RESULTS BY THE WAY CAN I BRING THEM OUTSIDE ON A NICE DAY I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT HUMIDITY IS IN THE BEGINNING?

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, those three way meters are useless. In terms of pH you only need to be concerned about the water!

Outside is opportunity for pests, but many growers do it. I prefer to not move my plants.

Yes take them out for full sun.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X