Yellow first leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow first leaves

Planted four white widow/big bud outdoors, 3 sprouted fine, 4th. one has yellow first true leaves, The stem and round seed leaves look normal . two days in the sun and only slightly green. Soil is a home made organic mix i've used the last 3 yrs. with no problems. Do i wait to see if she improves or pull it and replant?

I view every aberration as a learning opportunity. Unless the plant is taking up space where a guaranteed producer could be, I would nurture it and see what happens.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

• buffalobuds
      buffalobuds commented
      Editing a comment
      They are autos so if she don't make it i'll start another and have a later harvest

I would leave it and nuture it back...it might have a later harvest than the other two, but it will produce... I hold the record for longest auto harvest, so I know you can bring an auto back to health.

Comment

• buffalobuds
      buffalobuds commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the longest auto harvest record???

• Pyro1711
      Pyro1711 commented
      Editing a comment
      My little blackberry auto took over 5 months to harvest...lol

• buffalobuds
      buffalobuds commented
      Editing a comment
      That what i call giving all she can!!!!

Maybe your well used growing medium is the problem.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• buffalobuds
      buffalobuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck Not sure refresh and amend it with worm casting and perilite , dolomite and humus each spring . Had a heavy rain 2 days before sprouting, could be wet feet.

I rotated the pots and she pulled herself to the sun so i know she is alive and thinking

Comment

Up-date on Yellow First Leaves, 3Auto White Widows were planted at the same time, 2 sprouted and the 3rd spouted 2 weeks later! The first 2 are 20 & 25 ins., The third with yellow leaves came up and did nothing, no green,no grow for 6 days. Pale green leaves grow for the next three sets. Three weeks old and 4 ins. tall. I was ready to settle for a dwarf auto. Much to my amazement she is now 6 weeks old, 30 ins tall, 6 large side shoots and over 50 cottonball buds!!! Lesson to be learned ......Never give up, Nature has her way! B.B.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X