Bad Voodoo's Closet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Voodoo's Closet

So, here, we have Lemon Garlic OG by Humboldt Seed Organization and Colorado Thunder Fuck by RiddleM3 growing in Roots Organics Formula 707 medium, nutes are all from the Roots Organics Dry Nutrients Player Pack plus Roots Surge. Veg'd for over 8 weeks, mainlined. There've gotta be over 100 tops clustered into the LGOG and over 32 in the CTF. They've been flowering for 3-4 days now.

The lights are what some people here might find interesting. I don't know if you guys know what COBs are, but this entire closet is only under 241w of light, putting out 950-1000 PPFD.

2 Cree CXB3590s (80CRI, 3500k, CD/Top Bin) utilizing separate Meanwell LPF-90D-42 drivers at 2150mA.

1 Seventh Generation Vero29C (90CRI 3500k) utilizing a Meanwell LPF-90D-54 driver at 1670mA.

Looks like they are bout to explode.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibblerjoe View Post
      Looks like they are bout to explode.
      I'm certainly excited enough for the end of these next 8-10 weeks to come that I just might as well.

Comment

very healthy, vibrant plants

Comment

Looks like Bad Voodoo got some good mojo

Comment

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            Well punned good sir!

Hi Voodoo

Show a picture of the lights ...your plants are happy!
          Bubblehead
          4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
          4 Cures and a Life time gardener
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Thanks so much, guys! Here are the lights, referred to as COBs, or Chip On Board LEDs. Unlike panel LEDs, they were invented to replace HPS in factory and industrial environments.

Comment

Last one. The emitters use 241. With fan and such, 270 altogether. Still getting used to this site's uploader.

Comment

I hope that doesn't count as advertising. If you can't wire your own, Timber, Johnson, GrowMau5, or Northern Grow Lights make good premade/prefab ones, too.

Comment

For a little bit more of an initial investment, you can now get the power of HPS using less than half the wattage. This is a feat that LED panels strived for but were unable to achieve. The PPFD (think photons/PAR density, for those of you educated on the subject) says it all and even I'm impressed with what I'm seeing. See, plants stretch in the presence of inadequate light. Not always; sometimes, it could be the inclusion of infrared. These lights have the photon density, are a white spectrum peaking naturally in blues and reds like the sun (but with less IR and UV), and are replacing HPS in other tasks due to efficiency. If you take a peak at other grow sites, particularly RIU, they're really catching on.

Comment

If the chip is not made by Cree, Bridgelux (Vero), or Citizen, it is not worth it to look at. And drivers should be the appropriate Meanwell for the required forward current for the appropriate number and intensity of lights. Cree CXB3590s, 7th Gen Vero29Cs, and Citizen 048/058s? are current model. You want 80 CRI. 90 CRI is brighter and produces more PPFD, but causes more stretching. Rahz did the test, I don't know why that is. 3000k-3500k spectrum. Close to it is good, too.

Comment

You could go with 90 CRI. I didn't mean to imply you couldn't. More PPFD.

Comment

Flower Week 3 Day 3

Comment

Remember, these plants are growing and flowering under only 241w of light.

Comment

Very nice! Those cobs are rockin

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X