Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time of day is best

Hi was wondering does it matter what time of day you harvest

theres no big difference i think, i would probably go with the morning, just to avoid doing it in the hottest time of the day so the resin is at it less sticky and also plants produce sugar using light so in the morning is when the plant has less sugar. this is just my opinion maybe someone will chime in with a real reason.

Comment

Ive heard during dark period. At the end of the dark period. Give it a dark period then cut it an hour after watering with molasses during the light period. Never seen proof on any.

Comment

Potency is strongest at the end of a dark period. There may be benefits to extending the dark period to 24-36 hours before harvest. But certainly harvest outdoor in the early morning and indoor at end of dark period.

Comment

As Camp says the 2 ways to do it that seem to be fairly consistent among growers is either chop them after the dark period ends don't let the lights go on at all before harvest. The other way is after the dark period ends keep them in darkness for another 24-36 hours. Then chop.

Comment

Eh, c'mon guys, the trichomes have formed over the course of weeks and the THC is there. I'd have to see some solid scientific evidence to support a measurable change in potency over 24 hours. Sorry, no disrespect, but I call BS.

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
              DoctorJohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              What are "C3" crops? You drop the term as though you expect people to know what it means. And speaking of BS, I do have one in biology, and attended an ag university and have hung out in the crop lab, so I do have a some background, and not just from reading a bunch of random stuff on the Interwebs. And I've been growing off and on since the early 70s. I stand by my assertion that saying that THC content varies significantly over the course of a day doesn't make sense.
              Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 05-25-2018, 01:45 PM.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              C3 plants are those who trough he Calvin cycle take carbon from the air to produce sugar using light as energy. So what he means is all crops are harvested when the unused sugar content inside he plant is the lowest. Both are talking about different things

• Iammygod
              Iammygod commented
              Editing a comment
              What about Terpenoids? Terpenoids concentration decrease as air temperature and light intensity increase.

I harvest after 24-36 hours darknes; temperature a little below 18°c

I always try to harvest early in the morning as soon as she wakes up. The only reason for that is because I get too lazy to do it at any other time of the day.
            Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
            White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

When ever it is most convenient. It won't make any difference that you will be able to tell.

Comment

Thier are AS many ways to grow pot, AS there r growers. Can’t fault people for not doing it the way u would like. Right or wrong all that u can do give your opinion and hope for the best ! Some prefer 24hours of darkness before harvesting others don’t.... and it’s all good as long as were growing we’re OKAY 👌😊😎 Lol

Comment

I harvest when i can some here some there i don't do it all at once I turn my light off at harvest so some of my buds sit under up to 72 hrs of darkness before they get cut there is no difference than the buds cut when the lights are on 24 7. So chop when u want
                  It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I chop mine down whenever they are ready, and not before.
                    I quit watering and turn off my light ,and leave them in my tent 2-3days before I chop them down.Then they going in brown paper bags for several days, then in jars ,that I check regularly for a couple of weeks.
                    I ain't no plant doctor by any means, but I do believe that keeping them in the dark, helps a good bit, as far as trichs are concerned.
                    But everyone does things differently. lol
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• Redwasp
                      Redwasp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I cant think of a scientific way of testing that theory. I have 4 very very very nice plants in 1 tent. Thought maybe try each different. But that wont work. You have to either move them. Do them at different times, cut one plant before during and after but all of those add new factors to the situation. No way to do it without adding new factors.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X