Whats wrong with my plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Whats wrong with my plants?

Hello! I'm new on forum and growing. I put my seed to the turf firstly (i guess it was my first mistake). They growed superfast in one week. Then they start to fall over and i transplanted to the big pots (about 20 lts.) immediately (they were too small for transpantation). Then two of the plants turn to a little bit yellow on first leaves. I watered well (not less or much) and wait for adaptation. They looked like adapted to soil but growing process decreased almost stopped totally. After one month they look like on pics (biggest one is 7-8 cm). I didnt use fertilizer for 10 days then i try to add some Biobizz liquid fertilizer (1 ml for 1 liter). Then i give up it again because im not sure plants are ready for it. Now they look like a bit yellow. What can i do my plants under these conditions?

Soil: An organic soil with fertilizer but not for canna particularly. Soil looks like very solid/stiff after watering. Im diggin it for air circulation without touching the roots. Maybe soil not proper for seedling.
    Light: Plants are on direct sunlight for 3-4 hours in a day. Rest of hours in the shade.
    Water: I try to use regular tap water and bottled water, im not sure about the results.
    Temperature: about 15-30 C from night to day
    PH: I measured to ph in the soil. Its 7.0 -7.1 (the device not so proffesional)

I read some articles that mentioning about root problem. And giving some cure recices like tea mixed water etc. Is it worth to try?
    I'm ready for any kind of suggestion and support. Please help my plants!
    Last edited by vincenoir; 05-24-2018, 01:29 PM.

Hello Vin, welcome to the show, growing good weed takes practice and luck but u will find all u need to know at the GWE web site. Everything from soil types that drain well
    to yellow leaves and why? U have to many issues for me to address at this time! But if u do the research u will b rewarded with a good crop.😎

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I agree with Potted, read Nebulas articles.
      One quick problem is they need all the light they can get, way ,way more than a few hours everyday. More like 24hours of light.
      Your gonna do fine, just read up a little, then there is always plenty of good help, if you got questions.
      HappyGrowing and Welcome to GWE, Vincenoir.

• vincenoir
      vincenoir commented
      Editing a comment
      Potted thanks for your reply. I know i massed up actually i checked the articles but i didnt know whats the main issue of plants and thats why i cant treat. as you said there is many issue

D.A.A.S.69 thanks for your suggestion. Is it better to get plants inside and start to give artificial light? I thought i maybe try it grow on my balcony for a while. Like first 6-7 weeks then transport it to room. Is this bad for plants?

I can tell you 3 to 4 hours of light will never work. I did read that correctly didnt i? You will never succeed without at least full sun for most of the daylight hours. Well over 12 at first. Correct that issue and then work on any other issues. They need light. Inside or outside. Patio or yard or inside.

Comment

• vincenoir
      vincenoir commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Redwasp thanks for you reply. Yeah its true, 3-4 hours is for direct sunlight. Rest of day light is good (very bright) but not directly. I am going to transport them to the room as soon as possible. I've read 12 hours is good in the room. Do you think that i need to give longer for recovery to the plants under these circumstances?

I would go to at least 16 hours if you can. Il assuming you have a grow light?

Comment

• vincenoir
      vincenoir commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah i just started to use a 400w hps light. I also follow 16hours cycle. Do you have any other recommendation?

Good morning!

So I'm looking at your soil and ... am I seeing wood chips? I really don't recommend them. Looks like you need a different soil. Can you tell me what brand you've got in there now? I'm seeing a lack of perlite in there.

Also I agree with the others about the light - you need more of it. 3-4 hours isn't enough. I think they may be salvageable though.

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I add 15 to 20 percent more perlite to fox farms ocean forest which has perlite. Cant tell you enough how much these plants need oxygen which compacted soil will not give.

Wood chips we tried a soil that came from a fallen tree. The tree had rotted and outside plants loved it. It stunted both plants for the whole grow compared to others. So yes agree. Wood chips dont help these plants.

• vincenoir
      vincenoir commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Sam! Thanks for your reply. I started to give light for 16hours. You may be right about the soil. I think you wont recognise the brand because its not for canna plants. A friend of mine gave it to me which he use it in his garden. By the way I was thinking about the perlit addition too. Or i can replace the soil with a product of Biobizz or Plagron brands. I just wondering a retransplantation can make it worse for plants? Should i wait for the reply to light (with perlit addition) or change the soil immediately?

That i cannot answer honestly. Depends on its root system and how compacted the soil is. If the soil is airy and it has good roots id leave it. If the soil is hard and compacted dig around it and repot it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X