Hay smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay smell?

My buds are hanging to dry been there for 2 days just checked on them and they smell abit like hay. Is this normal until they go Into jars for couple weeks? And then will they get the weed smell back?

Yes it's normal for them to smell like hay or fresh cut grass. Some of my hardiest smelling buds smelled like that when they were hanging. After a few days in jars the smell of the strain will come back. And every time you open them it will stink up the room with cannabis. 😃
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Haha thanks.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome. Grats on harvesting hope your cure goes well.

3rd day of hang drying..
      the outside if buds feel dry but when I squeeze them they're spongy? The stems bend but doesn't snap? . Shall I wait another day before I put them into jars?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning Jamie, what's the humidity like where you have them hanging ?
        You need to get you some small hygrometers that fit inside quart jars ,so you can monitor them closely.
        With out knowing your conditions, it's hard to say. About your buds.
        Whatever you do ,don't let them get over dried. You can't always go by bending the stems.
        Anyway after you dry your buds after a couple of grows, it's really simple.
        If I'm not mistaken, @WeedPharma, just did a tutorial on how he dries his, really easy to do. It's on here somewhere, but I don't know how to tag it for you. Good Luck with yours,
        Ps, your probably gonna need some Boveda packs to put in your jars too.

Yes mine go from smelling the whole house to what my wife says smells like bananas. We always have to get fresh bananas whenever i hang any because makes her have the banana munchies. After a good cure the smell you are missing comes back a little more everyday.

That being said im around the aroma so much i get others to judge it for me. I always smell like fresh flowers so have a hard time judging it.

Comment

They're hanging in my wardrobe in my bedroom lol.. It's 21 degrees C.. What % do I need for the boveda packs. 62% ones? And the hygrometers go in jars with the packs?

Comment

Yes use the hydrometer in the jar. I have the 62% packs but only use them on my problem children. Lol As far as humidity in the room it can be done in almost any condition it will just change how and how long. Mine is usually 52 to 57% in the dry room. Never had an issue and works everytime.

When i cut and jar to early and i see iver 70% ill spread them out in a cardboard box. The time depends on how much higher than 70%. Can be a few hours up to 8. Then back to jars to check where the humidity is. By the way takes about 8 hours in jars plus to get the real humidity of the bud. Can drop in and show 54 and 8 hours later it can be 77%.

Comment

I like the caliber Iv.

Comment

Hey Jamie, even after you get them in your jars, you have to check on them often, and if the humidity is too high, you need to burp them, by taking the tops of the jars a few minutes, before replacing.
              I got a couple of those good hygrometers, but I got a bunch of the cheap round ones too, they work fine too, they are all easy to calibrate with salt.
              Your gonna do fine, but you sure don't want to over dry them, if you can help it.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Ordered these aswell as boveda packs.. Which ahiukd be here tomorrow./ As I didn't want to over dry I have just trimmed and popped into jars.. And cut the remaining of the plants and got 139 so hopefully should be hitting the 120g off that single plant..

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Jamie, That was a good haul, nice job mate. Those look like some nice hygrometers to me, I would get some. But it says they don't ship to the USA.
                  Be sure to burp your jars every so often, too.
                  It wouldn't be a bad idea to read Nebulas tutorials on curing one more time, just to be safe.
                  But I think you are gonna do just fine.
                  Congratulations on your crop, and don't worry about the smell, it will be there when it's cured.

If you didnt next time finish the last few weeks with a teaspoon of molasses per gallon of water. Will bring out the aroma and flavor.

Comment

Thanks daas69.. Everyone on here has helped a lot.. Wouldn't of got this far with out all your help/advice. I'm happy with haul, but this was the smaller of the 4:/ lol. Bring on next harvest I'll get some more pictures of the other 3 up soon.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jamie, You are very welcome , You know what your doing !!!
                    Can't wait to see your other pictures. I bet they are very nice. Have a nice evening my friend.

I'll have to wait u till the light goes out. Doesn't do much justice lol thanks and YOU. Even tho its 8 am here lol..

Comment

Also where do I get molasses from? And what is recommended?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Jamie, any grocery store around my house sells Unsulfered Molasses,
                      I like BrerRabbit molasses the best, it's got more good stuff in it than Grandmas brand molasses. But any kind works ok as long as it's unsulfered.
                      Happy Growing

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X