Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under the given situation, how much water would you give these plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the given situation, how much water would you give these plants?

My two Aurora Indicas are 3 weeks and 1 month old, respectively. Given their current size, and the fact that they are in their final 5 gal pots, how much water(with nutrients added) would you give them? I don't water until the top soil dries out, but not sure how much I really should be giving them. I can tell you they appear quite healthy, thus far. Currently, I've been giving them about 16-17 ounces to each in a ring around the plant.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

They look great! Just keep doing what you're doing.

Comment

How long ago were they transplanted? If it’s been a week or two than u can water to 20% runoff with no problems. Adding nutes ever other watering as long as drainage is good she will thrive.😊

Comment

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you believe that the reason all the soil should be fully saturated is b/c if it isn't, watering w/ a much smaller quantity of water will be drawn downward into the still dry, lower soil? And this won't give the roots near the top of the bucket as much water, since it would be wicked by the lower soil?

They were never transplanted. They went straight into the 5 gal buckets after germination. The pics above make the plants 3w and 1 month, respectively.
      Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Base how you treat the plant, off of how it responds. Those are looking great, keep doin what yer doin!
        Although, if your giving a salt based fertilizer, you would want to water to run off, to prevent a build up. If you only use organic based fertilizer, you don't really want run off, because that means your washing away the good stuff. I grew up in Mississippi, and our soil had kind of a problem down there, it rained like the dickens, and washed away the nutrients, leaving mostly sand( and acid from all the pine trees).
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          What soil are you using now ? I've been growing outdoors since the 60s, using Delta soil, from Ms. And all we use around here is Molasses and Worm compost teas on our plants.
          Regular soil from Ms.is not that good, and I'm pretty sure that you have to use nutrients with it cause its so poor. But Delta soil is completely different, it is very fertile.
          Good Luck with your plants.

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Doing good D.A.A.S. Ya, was the coast, that delta soil is so good, cause it has all the stuff from the rest of the state in it, Lol! Well, and Missouri, and clear on up to the east side of Yellowstone, nature sure know how to make a growing medium!!
          Hmm, YellowSTONE.... maybe thats why the stuff grows such great weed!
          Liking the worm casting and molasses tea better than the bottled nutes, glad I switched.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenhouseEffect, yes, I hear you, the GulfCoast, ain't nothing but pine trees, and poor soil. And a good many rattlesnakes.
          I don't like the chemicals either, people say you can't tell the difference in the taste, But around my house, I betcha we can.
          Have a mellow evening.

Just this product.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          Editing a comment
          Check the label on that stuff, if it has any kind of slow release nutrients, that could spell trouble later on when they flower, to much N. Could end up with just these really leafy buds, with out much to them

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          You just said something that has never been brought to my attention, even from my last grow using the same soil. This is alarming! All through my last grow I used 8 A19 style LED bulbs of two different color temps. My plants grew very well in veg stage. But, the yield of my single plant was <2oz. I have always believed that it was due to my light setup not being powerful enough for the flower stage. Now you have me thinking it has to do with this soil that claims to feed for up to 6 months!

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, DAAS69, I'll have to research this soil. It may explain why my last grow w/ same soil had shitty yields. I thought it was insufficient lighting. I guess my options are to replace this soil w/ something w/o slow release nutrients or maybe I could flush the shit out of the soil the plants are in now.

I'm going to employ some different soil w/ perlite added on my 3rd grow. I have completed 1 grow w/ this soil, however. The plant was very healthy and grew well to the end.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          I should have said the plant looked healthy through flower, but yield was weak.

I've got the same problem with one of my auto's right now, she grew next to vedging plants, and got a bunch of the Nitrogen I was giving them, lot's of great leaves, ( LOT'S!) but just not bulking up the way she should. I think so much about growing Cannabis has to do with timing. Nice long day's when she's growing, a good hearty feed when she really starts to take off, short days, low humidity, cool weather when she wants to flower. Just all timing, I'm still trying to learn that, when I get it right, I do good, when I'm off, well, at least my weed is still better than the dispensary!!
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          Editing a comment
          Sadly, that doesn't really say all that much hear in Co lately.....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X