Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncledoug's 2nd Grow, Northern Lights Autoflower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncledoug's 2nd Grow, Northern Lights Autoflower.

So my 1st grow is winding down, another 3 weeks or so. I learned a lot from from all of you so I'm feeling a bit more confident going into this 2nd grow, so a big thank you for all the help so far. I started this grow on April 28th, soaked seeds in glass of tap water overnight, April 29th put seeds in moist paper towel, seeds germinated on May 1st, planted them is solo cups using coco coir buffered twice in Cal mag water. Sprouted on May 4th.Began week 1 nutes at 1/2 strength. On day 11 I transplanted to 1 gal fabric pots, then transplanted again to 5 gal. fabric pots on day 16. I was planning on leaving them in the 1 gal. pots longer but was a bit nervous if I waited longer I may have a harder time transplanting with all the roots. Next grow think I'll go from solo to 5gal, less chance of shocking them that way.
    This morning I topped one plant above 5th node, will top the other tomorrow or the next day, 5th node needs a little more growth. So I'm thinking of Lst only once on these two and then let them fly. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Excited for the possibilities of this second grow!
    Everything so far sounds great!
    I think you did the correct transplanting and would encourage you to continue a three step process in the future.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Several! Especially:
      1. Root development is best in appropriate sized containers. If the container is too big roots spread out more rather than developing a strong root ball mass
      2. Ability to fertigate frequently. Smaller pots are almost always better in Coco because they allow more frequent fertigation. This allows better control over EC and nutrition.

Plants grown in appropriately sized containers will out-grow plants in larger containers even if they suffer minor transplant shock. With a little practice you can eliminate transplant shock altogether.

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes sense, That may be what slowed the growth in the beginning of my 1st grow, that and under watering. lol

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, being in too big of a container will slow plants down in early growth.

You did the right thing on this grow! Just keep it up

Morning UncleDoug, your NLautos, are going to be larger plants than your first grow, I start my autos in their final pots, I don't transplant, and if it's any slower, I sure can't tell the difference, once they get growing, there is no slow growth that I can tell. Been doing it this way forever, except when I tried transplanting, but I couldn't tell any difference in how fast they grew.
    I love growing NLautos, they grow fast and strong. Good Luck with yours,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning DAAS, Good to hear from you.Do you have any suggestions for this grow? Both are topped now, was thinking of LST and the best approach.? If these will be bigger than the B.M. it will be tight after the stretch,

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello uncledoug, yours look nice, yes my NLAUTO came from Nirvana, But all NLs, can get huge , I had to constantly keep tying, my plant down the whole grow.
      But she produced a few grams short of 7ozs, of some fine tasting, smoking mj..
      Your gonna do a great job I know, HappyGrowing

Weekly Update, End of week 3, LST on main trunk. These 2 are growing much better than my 1st grow, no problems so far.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Update end of week 4. The girls are growing, no problems so far. These girls are compact thus far, nodes are very close to each other, Good/Bad?
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DAAS, and the size of these leaves are huge, bigger than my hand.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        All signs of a beautiful healthy plant. You’re doing great

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those big ,huge indica, NLights leaves.
        Mine were huge too.
        You are gonna have some nice size plants, with big buds UncleDoug, HappyGrowing

That's funny that's what two of them are my friend

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 123, Sorry but I don't get what you're saying?

End of week 5 update. The girls are growing well, I'm going to put them in the tent under LED as soon as the Blue Mystic is harvested, should be in the next week or so. Been watching for Pistils, but none yet.
      On another plant, Bag seed, Had an accident about a week ago. I had the pot raised up to be even with the much bigger BM, not sure how it happened but the pot took a tumble and snapped the main trunk, so I hung it up to dry for 5 days and then it put in a 1 quart mason jar. I sampled a bowl and it is a nice high, a little bit uplifting then mild couch lock. I attribute this to early harvest. Only got 24g dry but that will last me a month or more and by then I'll have much more.
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Bushy, Healthy, Happy looking Plants!

End of Week 6
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

End of Week 7
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

End of Week 8
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

End of Week 9
            Well I've gotten a bit behind on my updates, the girls are in the stretch and looking good to me. Had two days they went without watering, 4th of July about 11:00pm I was upstairs and headed to the bathroom when I got very light headed and passed out cold, unfortunately I was just passing the flight of stairs, came to in the living room with my wife flipping out, so off to the hospital. Spent a couple days getting cat scans, xrays and a bunch of other tests. Turns out I had gotten dehydrated, when I stood up my BP dropped and hear I am at home, nothing broken, black eye, goose egg on my forehead, scrapes and bruises. I feel very lucky, could have turned out much worse. Happy to be home and back on here reading everyone's posts.
            So anyway the girls didn't miss a beat with two days of neglect. My other grow, NL auto Manifold also is doing well, I'll update that post also.

Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              Campesino Feeling pretty good this morning, both eyes are black now, may have to change my name to UncleRaccoon. lol. I have a question, on your last grow you were suppercropping, can I use this method during early flower, mid, late? I tried it yesterday and it was as easy as you said it is. Just don;t want to kill them.

Thank you Campesino . I was amazed at how fast they turned up and are now the same height as the others. Think supercropping will be my thing, so easy to do and don't have to tie them down. I'm not sure if it will happen but if the colas that are supercropped grow taller than the others can I do a second crop?
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful plants Uncledoug, I had almost the same experience you did , I had to go to the hospital Friday, from damn near falling down every time I stood up, they took alot of blood, an hooked up EKGs, about 6hours later, the said I was Anemic, didn't have enough, Iron, in my body.
              Going to my regular Dr. tomorrow at 1oclock, to see what he says, Iron pills are hell to take, they will mess your stomach up bad.
              Ps, whenever they get to tall, just do it again, sometimes you have supercrop, the main buds, to keep them out of the lights, your not gonna hurt anything.
              But your doing a great job with your plants, they look great, And stay hydrated for damn sure, it's hot weather this year.

Update to end of week 10. Not much to say other than the 2 girls are growing. The plant on the left has been bigger than the other since the beginning, even tho they germinated 10 hrs. apart and popp​ed 1 day apart.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• hycheese
              hycheese commented
              Editing a comment
              My left or your left?
              Are those poles used to stop the plant from getting bushy?

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              hycheese 3rd picture smaller plant on the left, larger right. The bamboo poles are used to hold the colas up when they get taller and heavier, keeps them from falling over.

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Camp, Campesino, Good idea, I'll do that in the morning.

Hi, I currently have 2 NLautos on the go, currently at the end of week 7, I topped mine once and I thought that they were slowing down a lot as I was hoping to harvest at around week 11 however seeing yours at week 10 with only just starting to flower really makes me feel a bit better. My buds are currently a little further along than yours and I’m hoping to harvest at week 11 so in about 4 weeks. How long do you think you have until harvest? Below are some pics of my autos NL

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              rizcuny, I've grown several NLights autos, mine were from Nirvana . Your look nice, by the way.
              Mine got pretty large. And all of them showed some amber on the buds, not the leaves, by day 80, they all had amber showing on the leaves by day 70, I harvested them all by day 90, I got just a little under 7ozs dry sticky, stinky bud off of the largest NorthernLights.
              GoodLuck with yours, Rizcuny.
              Ps, it sure is some good smoking, tasting MJ,

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              rizcuny, I also topped both girls at the 5 node and LST. I vegged them under T5's while my 1st grow was finishing, I miss judged the timing and started them a couple 3 weeks to early so they didn't get under the LED until the 1st plants were finished. I think they would have flowered earlier if put under the LED sooner. Or you're doing a great job and I suck. lol. Yours look great, good job. I'm thinking mine will be ready around the 1st week of Sept.

• rizcuny
              rizcuny commented
              Editing a comment
              uncledoug damn I’m hoping I don’t have to wait that long but good luck

rizcuny , that's a picture of one of the NLights autos
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• rizcuny
              rizcuny commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 That looks phat! Hoping I yield around 7oz between the 2 of my autos. Also when do u think mine will be ready judging from those pictures. 50 days old today and have topped them once. I’m hoping to harvest around day 85 ( mid August ) ??

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              rizcuny, I didn't top that plant, I just bent her over, and made a spiral out of her, that's why she has so many colas.
              But by day 70, or so you should be seeing some amber on the leaves anyway, some mature faster than others, but all of mine had amber, on the buds an were harvested by day 90. But mine came from Nirvana, where did you get your seeds.?
              Northern Lights are notorious for being large size plants, anyway, I bet you get more than what you expect, because the last 2-3weeks is when they really swell up, an pack on the weight, especially if you use unsulfered molasses. Good Luck with yours, and I'll be following you grow, if you dont mind.

• rizcuny
              rizcuny commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Ah okay that makes sense, also I got mine from Expert Seeds, I did notice very small bits of frost on them today, not sure what it is but it looks good, you can just about see it in the pic. I will look into unsulfered molasses and yeah that’s cool look forward to 😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X