6:30 Buds: The Perpetual Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switched soil over to 'Strawberry Fields'
    it's sTill by fox farm, but like ocean forest with less perlite, more coco, and added mycorrhizae.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3254.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	227268

Name:	IMG_3255.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	227269

Hmmm what do you all think?

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      i like to add mycorrhizae, worm castings, perlite/coco to my ocean forest to make it more of a mix between happy frog and ocean forest so if you like ocean forest more than strawberry fields just add some mycorrizae and coco..

The composition looks good, less compact and more spongy with that coco

Name:	IMG_3245.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	227271

I think we will have great results!

Comment

It's tough to beat the OG: Fox Farm Ocean Forest really can make some quality nugget!

Name:	IMG_3285.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	227273

Name:	IMG_3290.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	227274

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        I did 2 plants like you do yours this time king to see how it did. I usually dont touch my plants much after topping and training. They are still not done so cant compare yields yet. But I usually use every part of my plants but man cleaning these will be easy. I make essential oils out of everything that isnt trichome covered for all the other health benefits it gives. But just wanted to see how it went.

Very nice !!
      My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
      My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
      My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
      My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

I love ffof but many hate it. It grows some massive plants and massive flowers for me, easily and without fail. However i no longer recommend it for new growers. It seems to cause newer, and some very experienced growers, some massive headaches as of late. I have no idea why it is failing some growers now but it is. Ill stick with it until it bites me in the ass, but Im old and stubborn and dont want to change. I know how to work with it and know what to expect.

Comment

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp
          Well Im definitely stubborn and resistant myself, borderline combative with my words sometimes. But it's something to work on, cause being a repulsive asshole is not something I want to see when I look into the mirror.
          The whole plant training: I just try to tinker with different styles. I really like the LOOK of the plants when manifolded, but I hate their growing performance. Manifolded plants don't grow as big or wide, so you will need an extra one or two in order to fill your space. And it seems like a bad idea, until the last week and then harvest.
          I'm sold on the harvest! It makes trimming a breeze, and much much faster. It was taking me like 30-45min to trim up an ounce but now I can get almost double that. I don't let anyone else trim so that leaves quite a bit of work! This way, things are easier on me with no loss of 'quality' nugget. That's pretty much my only reason for continuing with the manifolding plant training, grow room visual appeal & easier trimming.
          Last edited by KingKush; 07-18-2018, 10:49 AM.

Yes I will enjoy the easy trim. And the buds are getting nice and fat not to mention hard as rocks. Still waiting on them to finish. Slowed them down a bit but think the harvest will be worth it. They are getting really fat and hard to keep up without falling. All my others are done but these keep on going. We will see what the final is in a few weeks. If they keep going may make more of the good stuff than the others.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X