Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitefly 2 weeks before harvest

Hey

so ive found some whitefly in my tent. I'm 2 weeks maybe less from harvest . Usually id treat with neem oil but obviously not a great idea at this stage of the game.

my question is is it worth treating with a soap solution etc or just leave them and clean the tent etc properly after? No signs of damage etc. Plant is healthy as so it can take a small hit.

I cant harvest yet as main colas are not finished. Lower buds are looking ripe so csnt be much longer

thanks for any advice

Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Ok well upon closer inspection i have found eggs etc. They are now in the fire muhahahaha. I have yellow fly paper thats caught a load in the last 20 mins.

Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      get some diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it on the soil and edges of the growroom, its a biological mechanical killer, meaning it is a fine dust made of silica so sharp and small that kills anything with an exoskeleton but its harmless to plants and animals, its even food grade, i use it and it works great

Didnt know it would work with whitefly. Ill give it a go though (I know it works for gnats etc) csnt hurt
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yes it will work because little larvas live on the soil before turning into flies, they will dehydrate before hatching

Make sure you've got a good breeze going on every part of the plants to. Might not be as affective as against mites, but it does mess with them, and you want to make there lives a living hell as much as possible!
    Could try vacuuming some up during the cooler part of the day when there slower. Bug zapper?
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Yeah the yellow sticky paper is working well. Looks like mist of the adult whitefly have been killed. My concern was them getting into the buds. From what I've ready they should not cause any bud damage but can open the doors to other diseases due to whitefly release g honeydew etc. Though ill be cropping vefore the eggs hatch.
      Current grow

4x bubbas gift
      4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Spread sand on top of soil to prevent insects from laying eggs, cuts them up to walk on too. Lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X